Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn and his wife will face no charges from HMRC

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
:rock:

Now Glenn can celebrate by getting the albion winner v Bournemouth on Saturday.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good old HMRC. Always keen to drag people's name through the mud - and half the time, when they do go to court, they lose.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Good old HMRC. Always keen to drag people's name through the mud - and half the time, when they do go to court, they lose.

This. How much do they lose in Court/ legal costs, all tax payers money.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This. How much do they lose in Court/ legal costs, all tax payers money.

The objectionable part is they still refuse to rule out future action against him. If they haven't got enough or any evidence, then in my opinion they should just refuse to comment on that rather than continue to imply he's done something wrong. It's disgraceful really.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hope he celebrates his next goal by pulling a load of fake money out of his socks and doing this

giphy.gif

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The objectionable part is they still refuse to rule out future action against him. If they haven't got enough or any evidence, then in my opinion they should just refuse to comment on that rather than continue to imply he's done something wrong. It's disgraceful really.

All they have said is that there is no ''Criminal Proceedings'' - That does not always equate to everything being above board.

I don't really think people should write too much on here on this subject. It just keeps the actions in the spotlight for longer.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
General tax notes, not specific to Murray about whose affairs I know nothing.

The vast majority of people who have underdeclared income for tax purposes, do not get prosecuted. The reason being that to prosecute, the tax avoider has to know that what they were doing was illegal; and if you were acting on advice from an accountant with a crafty scheme, you don't know it's illegal. Besides, HMRC is more concerned about getting the money in, and it's more profitable to get the taxpayer to pay up semi-voluntarily.

If HMRC believes a taxpayer to have paid too little tax, there is an established procedure of non-criminal courts to go through. And if the taxpayer has paid too little, they have to pay the missing tax plus penalties of up to 100% depending on how serious the offence. Just because a taxpayer hasn't reached the degree of culpability that makes their actions criminal, does not mean that tax has been paid correctly, and the penalties can still apply.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
General tax notes, not specific to Murray about whose affairs I know nothing.

The vast majority of people who have underdeclared income for tax purposes, do not get prosecuted. The reason being that to prosecute, the tax avoider has to know that what they were doing was illegal; and if you were acting on advice from an accountant with a crafty scheme, you don't know it's illegal. Besides, HMRC is more concerned about getting the money in, and it's more profitable to get the taxpayer to pay up semi-voluntarily.

If HMRC believes a taxpayer to have paid too little tax, there is an established procedure of non-criminal courts to go through. And if the taxpayer has paid too little, they have to pay the missing tax plus penalties of up to 100% depending on how serious the offence. Just because a taxpayer hasn't reached the degree of culpability that makes their actions criminal, does not mean that tax has been paid correctly, and the penalties can still apply.

This post has many inaccuracies about HMRC procedures ; You don't go through ''Non Criminal Courts'' - Someone should really lock the thread

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This post has many inaccuracies about HMRC procedures ; You don't go through ''Non Criminal Courts'' - Someone should really lock the thread

If threads were locked because someone posted an inaccuracy on them, there’d be precious few open. Personally, I don’t see any reason to lock this one unless it strays into libel or the posting of specific private information. :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If threads were locked because someone posted an inaccuracy on them, there’d be precious few open. Personally, I don’t see any reason to lock this one unless it strays into libel or the posting of specific private information. :shrug:

Fair Enough

But most leaks of personal information come from HMRC themselves. If you keep this story in the Public Domain for any length of time then you are throwing a red rag to someone at HMRC to release more info on it

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
All they have said is that there is no ''Criminal Proceedings'' - That does not always equate to everything being above board.

You're doing it as well now. I was making the point that's there's not much to be said, rather than casting the situation into doubt as you have (and as HMRC like to do). Maybe I should have written it in bold so it looked more important.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
HMRC are more interested in setting the little man up to pay more than they can afford, as was highlighted in the press last week, by their devious telephone calls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here