Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Another Professional Footballer Gets Caught Drinking & Driving

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Um .... he's not actually been found guilty of anything yet

Guilty of trading in a decent Prem career for the Chelski rouble.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
How f***ing selfish, arrogant, ignorant and plain bl00dy stupid do you have to be? You earn say £100,000 a week minimum, plus bonuses, image rights etc etc and you drive when you've had a drink. It's bad enough when Joe Public does it but when you could pay for a cab, have a driver, plan an executive car, call your agent, stay in a hotel, call a friend, pay someone else to drive or just accept it's not your bl00dy life we care about it's the innocent by passer you ****

This. They should take this to****s wealth into account when they sentence him.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This. They should take this to****s wealth into account when they sentence him.

I don't know if they do, but they should. Drink driving can never be right but this guy has the wealth to ensure he never does, although you could argue we should all have the common sense not to too!

If I were a magistrate / judge I think I'd consider this situation wholly avoidable!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It always amazes me that these types who like a drink do not employ a young chauffeur who wouldnt cost a lot and be at his beck and call when required. I remember as long ago as his days Peter Osgood did and the young chap swanned around like it was his car in Epsom.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A ****? These Tories are popping up everywhere at the moment. I thought they were supposed to be shy?

I have it on good authority this one's a Corbynista!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It always amazes me that these types who like a drink do not employ a young chauffeur who wouldnt cost a lot and be at his beck and call when required. I remember as long ago as his days Peter Osgood did and the young chap swanned around like it was his car in Epsom.

Poor lad is only on £100k per week, so just £5.2m per year, I'd guess there's perks worth at least another £1m, plus he probably gets freebies such as clothes, watches cars etc. I doubt it but if he is paying taxes that means the poor bloke only has £65,865 a week to live on, hardly enough for a good night out.

Let's say he employs two drivers, buys a car, and on costs, probably no more than £130k a year TWO WEEKS wages (after tax!)!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My bet is his defence will centre on how he’s been “depressed” as he hasn’t played competitive football for a year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also reckon a token visit to rehab.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Poor lad is only on £100k per week, so just £5.2m per year, I'd guess there's perks worth at least another £1m, plus he probably gets freebies such as clothes, watches cars etc. I doubt it but if he is paying taxes that means the poor bloke only has £65,865 a week to live on, hardly enough for a good night out.

Let's say he employs two drivers, buys a car, and on costs, probably no more than £130k a year TWO WEEKS wages (after tax!)!!!

The cost of which he would set against his tax as most are self employed having set up a company, so the actual cost would be next to nothing. The down side is that he would probably have to make do with a Jag, BMW or Land Rover as opposed to a Ferrari or similar.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well, yes. Factually you are quite correct. But given that he has been charged with Drink Driving after providing a positive sample for excess alcohol following a single vehicle crash in the early hours of the morning, I should imagine his guilt is simple a question of time, not doubt.

Hmmm ... it's only a few months since Katie Price gave a positive sample for excess alcohol after a crash and was cleared of drink-driving so I wouldn't like to put any money on it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hmmm ... it's only a few months since Katie Price gave a positive sample for excess alcohol after a crash and was cleared of drink-driving so I wouldn't like to put any money on it.

It depends on how much you can afford for defence as with most driving convictions, but not all obviously.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Yes, well you could be right and he may get away with it if he chooses to plead not guilty.

As I recall, Katie Price was found slumped in the back of her car and her defence was that a 'mystery man' had been the driver and he had left the scene. The judge dismissed the case as the prosecution offered insufficient evidence. In Drinkwater's case, I believe all 3 occupants of the car were treated at the scene for minor injuries and the nature of these minor injuries will make it fairly easy for the police to establish who was sitting where when the collision occurred, should they need to.

You could be right, but I'll be amazed if he pleads 'not guilty' or gets away with it if he does.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But she wasn’t driving. A complete stranger she met at a party and whom she can’t remember anything about was behind the wheel. It was a shame he legged it before the rozzers arrived.

Edit: Doh. Didn’t see the post above.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You could be right, but I'll be amazed if he pleads 'not guilty' or gets away with it if he does.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think it's 99.9% certain that he'll cop it but, having seen the Price defence work, I'm taking nothing for granted.

For all I know, he may state in court that he was abducted by aliens, force-fed alcoholic drinks and transported back into the car just after it crashed. A few Chelsea fans on the jury, a couple of sci-fi nutters and someone who hates the police and they may just buy it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
More money than sense these *****

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here