Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pity he didn't stick to his surname !

While I don't condone it in any shape or form, I get why some people chance it when taxis are so expensive. And just to re-iterate - I don't agree with it and never will. But when you earn the kind of money footballers earn surely a few quid on a taxi isn't beyond them ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I have no words for these types except , in this persons case with a name like that he should've known better , idiot .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-47864761

No sympathy whatsoever -he knew the risks when you drive over the limit and the potential dangers involved to yourself and other motorists, and decided to take a chance. And, as others have stated, with their money, they can easily afford to have taxis on order. There is also the role model thing to consider, not that he did!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How f***ing selfish, arrogant, ignorant and plain bl00dy stupid do you have to be? You earn say £100,000 a week minimum, plus bonuses, image rights etc etc and you drive when you've had a drink. It's bad enough when Joe Public does it but when you could pay for a cab, have a driver, plan an executive car, call your agent, stay in a hotel, call a friend, pay someone else to drive or just accept it's not your bl00dy life we care about it's the innocent by passer you ****

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Basically binned off his playing career to take the Chelski £££, who only signed him to help them meet their homegrown players quota. 12 games in 18 months for them tells its own tale. 29 years old, he should be in the prime of his career, he was even on the fringes of the England squad before he left Leicester. Effectively retired now though.

Still, he's very very rich, which is the main thing I suppose.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Basically binned off his playing career to take the Chelski £££, who only signed him to help them meet their homegrown players quota. 12 games in 18 months for them tells its own tale. 29 years old, he should be in the prime of his career, he was even on the fringes of the England squad before he left Leicester. Effectively retired now though.

Still, he's very very rich, which is the main thing I suppose.

Next stop China.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Stupid in the extreme, however it isn't just professional footballers who are guilty of the crime.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we know that -did you add that as some sort of excuse? If you are in the public eye in some way, then you readily accept the kudos, and usually the higher salary that goes with it, and so you should accept that if you fall short of expected standards, then you are fair game for the press. Might not be totally fair, but that is the name of the game, which we all know to be the case.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
.... is a c***

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How f***ing selfish, arrogant, ignorant and plain bl00dy stupid do you have to be? You earn say £100,000 a week minimum, plus bonuses, image rights etc etc and you drive when you've had a drink. It's bad enough when Joe Public does it but when you could pay for a cab, have a driver, plan an executive car, call your agent, stay in a hotel, call a friend, pay someone else to drive or just accept it's not your bl00dy life we care about it's the innocent by passer you ****

All of this, saved me typing a very similar post.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Um .... he's not actually been found guilty of anything yet

Well, yes. Factually you are quite correct. But given that he has been charged with Drink Driving after providing a positive sample for excess alcohol following a single vehicle crash in the early hours of the morning, I should imagine his guilt is simple a question of time, not doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here