Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal away tickets

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Its an odd one. I'm sure very few us want to go down but also based on your opening statement (which I'm with you on) I'm sure we wouldn't be alone in not being overly bothered when we do go down. Sadly there is so much money sloshing around the game now that even the championship is becoming sanitised and I bet it becomes the premier league 2 in the very near future. Call it what you want but as we all know this will just be the second division in it 4th or 5th dress change.

I'd be bothered for TB, and there is a certain degree of prestige attributed to being in the top flight that I would prefer to cling on to, at least for the time being.

Playing devils advocate we struggled to fill the Goldstone and we went from a school playing field to the Amex thanks to Uncle Tony so I don't think we can throw too many stones there. Also each to their own but Wolves has always been one of the worst away days IMO. Shoehorned into certain pubs, none of which are any good, average ground full of townies.

Yea it was satirical, it's one of my least favourite aways. My comments about their attendances were in line with them being bankrolled in a corporate world, and though you can certainly throw a somewhat comparable (at a stretch) argument at us, our owner's spending has been in line with the recovery and sustainability of the football club, not splashing tens of millions around before even reaching the PL and delving into the shadowy underworld of Jorge Mendes and Chinese conglomerates. If/When that day comes we won't have a stone to throw.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm not saying it won't sell out. Although Chelsea didn't the other day, of course. But the evidence is that a significant number of those with most loyalty points are giving this a swerve, reflecting some of the comments on here.

Maybe those with in the first band were waiting to buy tickets with friends that have less points. :shrug:
Just a thought, it's not really evidence because all the tickets were not sold on the first day.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
3 x Match ticket £90
3 x travel card £71.25

Is £53.75 per person - you don't have to spend £47 each on food and drink.

You’ve never bought a cheeseburger at the Emirates have you?!!! Lol!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You’ve never bought a cheeseburger at the Emirates have you?!!! Lol!!

Thats the thing though, nobody has to. There are SHEDLOADS of food outlets along Holloway Road on the yomp up from Highbury & Islington station (or Holloway Rd station). Buying vastly overpriced, lukewarm scoff inside a football stadium is always an absolute last resort for me. It can only mean I've had a definite fail somewhere along the line during the organisation of my day.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thats the thing though, nobody has to. There are SHEDLOADS of food outlets along Holloway Road on the yomp up from Highbury & Islington station (or Holloway Rd station). Buying vastly overpriced, lukewarm scoff inside a football stadium is always an absolute last resort for me. It can only mean I've had a definite fail somewhere along the line during the organisation of my day.

Oh I totally agree but the real question is do you get your Prawns inside or outside the stadium Easy? Or send someone else on your behalf?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Highly recommend piebury corner pre match, really good food (Vieira pie is excellent with veggie gravy). They always have a great DJ on as well, SKA, Indie music. And they sell Harveys.

Attachments

• Piebury.jpg
    Piebury.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 333

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh I totally agree but the real question is do you get your Prawns inside or outside the stadium Easy? Or send someone else on your behalf?

I found the prawns inside were a touch on the dry side last year I'm afraid.

This time I think I'll be having the pan-fried pheasant in oyster gizzard, followed by a Harissa glazed chick pea steak with tossed Mediterranean tempeh. I shall report back on my findings.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Highly recommend piebury corner pre match, really good food (Vieira pie is excellent with veggie gravy). They always have a great DJ on as well, SKA, Indie music. And they sell Harveys.

That looks superb :clap2:

If I was a regular there, I'd have to work my way down that menu each game over the course of the season till eventually I'd tried every one. I reckon I could get to a Thierry Henry before collapsing with a fatal coronary, but hopefully I'd get to see most of the season anyway.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That looks superb :clap2:

If I was a regular there, I'd have to work my way down that menu each game over the course of the season till eventually I'd tried every one. I reckon I could get to a Thierry Henry before collapsing with a fatal coronary, but hopefully I'd get to see most of the season anyway.

When I was there last, Sol Campbell was in getting his photo taken with the first pie to be named in is honour. This was only done as a slot had then been made available because Theo Walcott had been sold.

Piglets Pantry should follow the lead, perhaps a Gary Hart and Leek or a Lewis Dunk and Ale.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Groupsave rail ticket, you can do Brighton to London Travelcard for £41 for the 3 of you, £14 each.

Travel and match = £44. You can have a beer and some food and still be sub £60 each. :thumbsup:

If I go from Bexhill a travel card is £50 for the three but I prefer the 1 hour 15 short trip from Battle to pay a premium on the SE line, but I agree from Brighton up its an even cheaper day, going from Bexhill I can only get to Haywards Heath in that time.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm top tier and haven't bought a ticket yet. I'm waiting until tonight, if arsenal win 3-0 I'll get one as I can't make the Saturday but can do the Sunday.

Like others I thought it was pretty shite last time, but as we had a load of trouble with the train and ended up getting to the ground about 15 minutes before kick off, I'd like to go again and have a proper nose around.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ramsey moves us closer to Sunday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here