Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal away tickets

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck to Napoli tonight !

A 3pm Saturday Arsenal v Albion match is at stake.

Would much prefer a Saturday beer and football day to a Sunday one.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
233+ this morning, no queue 742 left

Doubt it will sell out. It’s another odds on bore fest from an Albion perspective in a really crap atmosphere. If Highbury was the library then the Emirates is the cemetery. Oh, and the best part of £100 day out for the privilege. Nah, the tourists are welcome to this one and they’ll be plenty of half and half scarves too.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I could understand your points if the away end is half empty on the day of the match.
Tickets only went on sale yesterday, and a couple of people on this thread have only given an honest opinion.

The away end will be full that day I'm sure.

I'm not saying it won't sell out. Although Chelsea didn't the other day, of course. But the evidence is that a significant number of those with most loyalty points are giving this a swerve, reflecting some of the comments on here.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
It'll sell out I'm sure but it will probably get to general sale.

I'm at the stage now where I'm only really going if I haven't been before so after Spurs and Arsenal I'll aim to do the last three I've not been to next season (if we stay up). I've spent 25 years going away always thinking we have a chance, even when we were dismal in the bottom league but it's hard to inspire yourself to get along knowing that we're playing for a 2 nil defeat.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It'll sell out I'm sure but it will probably get to general sale.

I'm at the stage now where I'm only really going if I haven't been before so after Spurs and Arsenal I'll aim to do the last three I've not been to next season (if we stay up). I've spent 25 years going away always thinking we have a chance, even when we were dismal in the bottom league but it's hard to inspire yourself to get along knowing that we're playing for a 2 nil defeat.

It is certainly testing for those of us who have been following for years.

I'm sure I'm not alone in preferring the small rustic towns, with very little hustle and bustle, and a genuine chance of coming away with something.

The corporate feel of the PL is hard to escape and far from endeering. Trips to London clubs that have had their souls extracted along with most of those who were ever passionate about supporting them, squeezed like sardines for our troubles amongst daytrippers for which we now contribute.

And all that for what feels like lottery-esque odds to even come away with a point.

But it's ok, we get other aways to make up for it, like Wolverhampton. To Molineux, which they have struggled to fill in most of my living memory but will now be rammed because of a Chinese conglomerate and a 'super' agent.

I think we are a minority though, this game will sell out as did most of those before. Even the re-arranged Chelsea match which people use as an example, we almost sold out.

I remember Barnsley in our high flying promotion season, playing brilliantly, 3pm Saturday where they gave us a whole 5k+ stand. We barely took 2k.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Doubt it will sell out. It’s another odds on bore fest from an Albion perspective in a really crap atmosphere. If Highbury was the library then the Emirates is the cemetery. Oh, and the best part of £100 day out for the privilege. Nah, the tourists are welcome to this one and they’ll be plenty of half and half scarves too.

You'll regret it .... "We are staying up, say we are staying up"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I'm sure I'm not alone in preferring the small rustic towns, with very little hustle and bustle, and a genuine chance of coming away with something.

The corporate feel of the PL is hard to escape and far from endeering. Trips to London clubs that have had their souls extracted along with most of those who were ever passionate about supporting them, squeezed like sardines for our troubles amongst daytrippers for which we now contribute.

And all that for what feels like lottery-esque odds to even come away with a point.

But it's ok, we get other aways to make up for it, like Wolverhampton. To Molineux, which they have struggled to fill in most of my living memory but will now be rammed because of a Chinese conglomerate and a 'super' agent.

I think we are a minority though, this game will sell out as did most of those before. Even the re-arranged Chelsea match which people use as an example, we almost sold out.

I remember Barnsley in our high flying promotion season, playing brilliantly, 3pm Saturday where they gave us a whole 5k+ stand. We barely took 2k.

But for those of us there it was great, couple of goals and one of Baldock's better moments!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

You certainly aren't.

Its an odd one. I'm sure very few us want to go down but also based on your opening statement (which I'm with you on) I'm sure we wouldn't be alone in not being overly bothered when we do go down. Sadly there is so much money sloshing around the game now that even the championship is becoming sanitised and I bet it becomes the premier league 2 in the very near future. Call it what you want but as we all know this will just be the second division in it 4th or 5th dress change.

Playing devils advocate we struggled to fill the Goldstone and we went from a school playing field to the Amex thanks to Uncle Tony so I don't think we can throw too many stones there. Also each to their own but Wolves has always been one of the worst away days IMO. Shoehorned into certain pubs, none of which are any good, average ground full of townies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here