Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fans needs our help

Slade army

Jan 5, 2016
Albion fan Richard Bradford is desperately trying to raise funds for a brighter future for his daughter and others like her.

Richard's daughter has Friedreich's ataxia (FA), a neurological disorder that affects balance, coordination and speech. Someone with FA usually deteriorates slowly over a 15-25 year period. Richard's daughter is already reliant on a powered wheelchair aged just 16.

Currently there is no cure but research is moving forward quickly and we are trying to raise funds to ensure this continues.

I have been so inspired by Richard and Meg's story. I have decided to organise a sponsored walk to try and aid this worthy cause. A few Albion fans and I will be walking 22 miles from Middleton to Portslade on Good Friday. If you could find a couple of quid to donate that would be awesome. Donations can be made at https://www.ataxia.org.uk/ataxiacc.

Here is a little more of Richards story:
There is No cure to FA, we know very little about it, one thing we do know is that every single day, no matter what Meg will get slightly worse, this is a guarantee and I must do everything I can to stop that, it’s heart-breaking to know that there is a better than average chance she will never be able to be a primary school teacher in the future…..

I decided I can’t just sit around and do nothing, I must help to find a cure for this incurable condition and that is my only goal. I am her dad and I know why she has FA, its genetic so I know, and I have to live with that. I need your help to beat this, any parent would do the same…. FA is destroying her life little by little every day and I will not accept this for my baby girl.

In the past 2 years I have lost 11 stone in weight, been supported by work colleagues and so many friends form across the world arranging 2 major events… a bike ride from London to Paris in 2017 and then in 2018 The Epic challenge from London to Snowdown and then to the summit in 3days….plus 2 ridelondon100 events.

Richards full story can be found at https://miles4meg.wordpress.com/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here