Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia & Hemed

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Surprised this is still even being pondered, Hemed is nowhere near good enough for the Premier League. Hughton has been far too kind to players like Bong who have been kept around long after their level of talent has been overtaken but he was brutal with Tomer and rightly so. He had his chance last season and wasn't even close. You have to want to keep improving if you don't want to struggle all the time and it was clear Tomer isn't a Premier League striker.

Crucial in our two good years in the Championship though, and that should never be forgotten. He helped us get where we are now, but if we'd signed Murray instead of him that first season, it wouldn't have taken 2 years to go up. :thumbsup:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Who will be deemed shitehouse if they haven't 'produced' before Dec.

The fact that the manager won't consistently play them till March/April has nothing to do with anything
Not true though is it. Propper Gross and Ryan all straight in. But Ali J, Izquierdo, Locadia and Andone all joined injured straight away.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Was he fit and on the bench for all of October?

For 3 out of the 4 games. He was. Yes. Wolves, West Ham and Newcastle.
He was dropped from the squad for Man City having been on the bench v Spurs. (for that game Locadia played up front, Murray was on the bench )

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If we're talking about old forwards that could have done a job, Ashley Barnes would be the one. Top support striker with an immense work ethic who covers so much ground around the front man AND scores goals. Ironically, our old League One strike partnership might well have been pretty decent at this level.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not true though is it. Propper Gross and Ryan all straight in. But Ali J, Izquierdo, Locadia and Andone all joined injured straight away.

Yes. The Hughton doesn't like to pick new signings or takes time to bed them in is a good line and there's as ever with these things , some truth to it, but its not *every player* and there's so many exceptions - its almost impossible to spot a pattern now. Obviously Ryan, Gross and Propper last year but people forget Izquierdo played pretty much days after he was signed - but this season... Montoya and Bernardo, both of whom played in August, are effectively now our first choice full backs (although he sometimes rests them) and have been for months. Bissouma is again a regular starter and had his first run of four starts in August/September...although he's benefitted from Gross injury. Ali J has been a first choice starter , when fit, from October and likewise came off the bench from August onwards.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think it's highly plausible we will sign someone up front for £30m or more in the summer. We were prepared to spend 20 odd on Jannsen 2 years ago, without having received a penny of premier league money. What I don't think we will do is spend 100k + per week on wages, (but across our team, they will move inexorably up). So high transfer fee, but relatively modest wages. That suggests to me to a highly promising young player, rather than a proven pro

I seem to remember hearing that in general a player's wagers will be the same value as the transfer fee spread over the length of the contract.
Therefore a £30m transfer would have to have a lengthy contract to keep the wages down to our limit.

Raising the bar for wages to bring in one big name, may well have a significant knock on impact to the over all wage structure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Locadia & Hemed

Hoffenheim - these are a good side...

Second in the Bundesliga and Locadia their top scorer with a manager who knows how to use him properly. Not a player for Hughton or Potterball but it’s clearly possible to get him scoring goals at the highest level. We’ll recoup his fee and more if he ends up at Hoffenheim’s top scorer come the end of the season.

I’m very much looking forward to him scoring more goals for them this season than that £40m Joe Linton fella scored for them last season (he just needs 5 more or one per month in the Bundesliga to eclipse the toon sensation).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some of us knew that he wasn’t shitehouse, hopefully the club will be able to recoup the money spent, as he won’t be coming back (are those sighs of relief I hear?) :smile:

Are you out there [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here