Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia & Hemed

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, so much better in my opinion. If, and I accept it's a big if, he gets retained next season I think we'll see the emergence of a very good player.

I can assure you I am of sound mind and I think he's a player who has 15 goals a season in him in the Premier League.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's hardly a fair comparison.

Unless of course you can point to the threads where you have praised McClaren's acumen as a football manager, putting it on a par with our Chris.

Oh really, you have to include the person who can put their arm round them after? :lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I love Glenn and he should play most Prem matches.

That said, I am really looking forward to the time where we don't have Glenn and we get a full season of younger, pacy strikers. We really need that, Saturday was crying out for long balls over the top into channels for the striker, but well, glenn

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway, the point I’m making is we would probably be better off with fewer “all purpose” alternatives. Someone who could do a job for us like Jiminez does for Wolves.

Signed permanently this week, for THIRTY MILLION POUNDS.

There's the rub.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love Glenn and he should play most Prem matches.

That said, I am really looking forward to the time where we don't have Glenn and we get a full season of younger, pacy strikers. We really need that, Saturday was crying out for long balls over the top into channels for the striker, but well, glenn

That was August '18.

Not exactly going well so far, is it?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Locadia is a better footballer than Hemed or Glenn in my opinion.

It's just that Glenn is a better goal scorer and we desperately need his goals.
If we were getting more goals from the midfield, then I would prefer to see Locadia start.

But we aren't.

Locadia is better than a Muzza or Peter Ward at their peaks.

When’s Hughton going to realise this ffs.

We may be looking at the greatest player to grace the Albion.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Really ? Before Andone arrived at Albion he'd missed a couple of games in 2 years in La Liga. He missed the first 5 games of this season due to injury, and 2 games due to injury after Huddersfield.
He's been available for every other Premier League game. (apart from when he elbowed that West Brom bloke)
He first featured for Albion in November. He took an age to get fit. Think he managed half a reserve game and then still didn't appear for another 6 weeks.

What you're saying is that he's at best missed a 5th of the league season through injury and 1/16th of the season through suspension. Not great.

I'd argue he's missed half the season as a result of injury. That's not a great start to his BHA career is it.

Fortunately he was cheap and he's made a legend of himself with that Palace goal but we need a better return next year to replace Glenn.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think it's highly plausible we will sign someone up front for £30m or more in the summer. We were prepared to spend 20 odd on Jannsen 2 years ago, without having received a penny of premier league money. What I don't think we will do is spend 100k + per week on wages, (but across our team, they will move inexorably up). So high transfer fee, but relatively modest wages. That suggests to me to a highly promising young player, rather than a proven pro

There's the rub.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
He first featured for Albion in November. He took an age to get fit. Think he managed half a reserve game and then still didn't appear for another 6 weeks.

What you're saying is that he's at best missed a 5th of the league season through injury and 1/16th of the season through suspension. Not great.

I'd argue he's missed half the season as a result of injury. That's not a great start to his BHA career is it.

Fortunately he was cheap and he's made a legend of himself with that Palace goal but we need a better return next year to replace Glenn.

The OP said he’s a sicknote. He’s missed 7 league games due to injury out of 31. And a couple in his previous 2 seasons. That doesn’t mean he’s a sicknote by any definition.

Whether he’s good enough , Hughton plays him enough, or whether he is temperamental (I think that was his first red card for years) is another issue.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
It also feeds into the question of what is our identity? Are we a long ball team, are we a counter attacking team, are we a possession based team? Our style seems to totally change at the moment depending on what striker we are playing

Perhaps we should alter our style of play to suit who is number 9?
i.e. Plan A Plan B and Plan C.

Could cause no end of confusion to opposition defences.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
The OP said he’s a sicknote. He’s missed 7 league games due to injury out of 31. And a couple in his previous 2 seasons. That doesn’t mean he’s a sicknote by any definition.

Whether he’s good enough , Hughton plays him enough, or whether he is temperamental (I think that was his first red card for years) is another issue.
He's missed half the season for us through injury. He didn't kick a ball for us until November. He's had a sicknote first season - that was the point. A 3 match ban on top hasn't helped the cause either.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think it's highly plausible we will sign someone up front for £30m or more in the summer. We were prepared to spend 20 odd on Jannsen 2 years ago, without having received a penny of premier league money. What I don't think we will do is spend 100k + per week on wages, (but across our team, they will move inexorably up). So high transfer fee, but relatively modest wages. That suggests to me to a highly promising young player, rather than a proven pro

Yeah, I agree this is likely. First transfer season was replacing championship level players with Prem players so we had a first xi that could compete, last summer was about strength in depth so we had a 25 able to cope with injuries, and this coming summer is going to be adding one or two pieces of true quality imo

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
He's missed half the season for us through injury. He didn't kick a ball for us until November. He's had a sicknote first season - that was the point. A 3 match ban on top hasn't helped the cause either.

He missed 2 league games not 3 and he was first on the bench on Sept 22nd v Spurs.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

There's the rub.

Scored a cracking goal in the FA Cup semi-final, that's not getting the attention it deserves because it was eclipsed by the one after.
Goals, hold-up play, pace, movement. £30m looks like a fair price for Jimenez.
For us, it's not even about going to the next level. We've become increasingly predictable and lacking in dynamism of late when Murray has started, and he's not getting any younger. We need to spend some serious money on a striker in the summer.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yeah, I agree this is likely. First transfer season was replacing championship level players with Prem players so we had a first xi that could compete, last summer was about strength in depth so we had a 25 able to cope with injuries, and this coming summer is going to be adding one or two pieces of true quality imo

Hope so. See ^

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Who will be deemed shitehouse if they haven't 'produced' before Dec.

The fact that the manager won't consistently play them till March/April has nothing to do with anything

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here