Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Walton

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I'd rather have a good big 'un, than a good little 'un. Walton fits the bill height wise but he is good enough, and more importantly (to Potter I expect) can he kick it as well?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Smart move by the club running this article about Walton today. Whilst he shouldn't need it it just reminds Ryan not to be complacent about his current no.1 status. Discounting the wonder save he was distinctly shakey in the return to football games.

Let's not beat around the bush, Southampton save aside (and a taller keeper might not have made it look as good), he was absolutely dreadful after lockdown. Seriously needs the competition to get him to raise his game.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have never been interested in Neil Etheridge, I think we're better off keeping Walton as our number 2 for next season. We should sell David Button, if we're able to find a club to buy him and loan out Robert Sanchez to a Championship club or top end League 1 club. We need a proper challenger to Maty Ryan so his place isn't guaranteed, however he performs.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I have never been interested in Neil Etheridge, I think we're better off keeping Walton as our number 2 for next season. We should sell David Button, if we're able to find a club to buy him and loan out Robert Sanchez to a Championship club or top end League 1 club. We need a proper challenger to Maty Ryan so his place isn't guaranteed, however he performs.

And Steele?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
And Steele?

He continues to be utilised as a training goalkeeper with the occasional u23s appearance and maybe a little run out in the League Cup when we throw a game to avoid doing well in the Cups. Given how poor he was for Sunderland, being employed without having to play is the dream for him I would have thought. Every club needs a goalkeeper nobody remembers is even there, but is handy for training drills and whatnot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here