Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Walton

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would consider this, don’t think he’s going to make it at prem level.

Physically seems to struggle and a lot of the goals he’s conceded have been as a result of not being dominant enough.

Interesting though, does Sanchez have more promise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Would consider this, don’t think he’s going to make it at prem level.

Physically seems to struggle and a lot of the goals he’s conceded have been as a result of not being dominant enough.

Interesting though, does Sanchez have more promise?

I think Walton is very likely to be sold in the summer Sanchez has more promise for me

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I’ll take £4m plus a good sell on clause. Still hellishly young for a keeper so not sure how anyone can already be writing him off already!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’ll take £4m plus a good sell on clause. Still hellishly young for a keeper so not sure how anyone can already be writing him off already!!

Not about writing him off, more about fulfilling potential.
Goalkeepers mature later than other players as you allude to, however as per my post, I do wonder whether he will be prem class. Just surmising. [emoji2]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Next summer the 3rd keeper place will be between Steele, Walton and Sanchez.

Maybe Sanchez will go out on loan, and I reckon 1 of the other 2 will leave. £4 million looks a very handy price for Walton if we reckon Sanchez will be the better longer term bet.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I could see Walton going to a Championship club in the summer for about the fee suggested. It would be our first real glimpse of how the business model of the academy works, ie we hope to produce a genuine premier first team player every (realistically) couple of years, but in the mean time, we can fund the running of it by generating decent fees for the players who nearly make it.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Remember how everyone decided he was our future number 1?

Now he's linked with a move away for a few million quid after an erratic season in the Championship and nobody is surprised or seemingly bothered.

Funny old game.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
I think we’d be making a massive mistake in letting him go on a permanent, especially for £4 million. Think he’s a top keeper who will be a excellent player the older he gets, and he’s English!

Can’t believe people want him to go for a minimal fee, when was the last English player bought through from the academy?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Probably gutter talk but if he was worth £4m he would have talent enough to keep hold of. How has he been performing ?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think we’d be making a massive mistake in letting him go on a permanent, especially for £4 million. Think he’s a top keeper who will be a excellent player the older he gets, and he’s English!

Can’t believe people want him to go for a minimal fee, when was the last English player bought through from the academy?

Solly or Dunky, I guess.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sporting Life say he is at Charlton ?
Nathan Jones will know him well I expect and will already have forged a relationship so he will go to Stoke if anywhere.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Remember how everyone decided he was our future number 1?

Now he's linked with a move away for a few million quid after an erratic season in the Championship and nobody is surprised or seemingly bothered.

Funny old game.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This.

Why would we sell him? £4million is small change to us these days. Keep loaning him out until it's clear we don't need him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would need a big sell on clause to accept £4M. He's had a couple of seasons playing first team and should be starting at that level. There's also the British/English tax to include.

Also agree if that did happen it might be that we think Sanchez is the one with potential to be challenging Maty, and that we'd like an extra season before bringing that talented youngster in as the back-up rather than Steele and Button.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sporting Life say he is at Charlton ?
Nathan Jones will know him well I expect and will already have forged a relationship so he will go to Stoke if anywhere.
Of course. Jones had him on loan at Luton, and wasn't happy that we recalled him when Maenpaa got injured ( at Lincoln in the FA Cup, I think ? ).

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here