Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Masters (Golf)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Probably on my bucket list of top 3 sporting events I'd like to go to. Always a marvellous spectacle, as with the rest of the golfing family I'll be cheering on Tiger to win, the people favourite and would provide quite the sporting story.

Away from that I'm having a little nibble on Rory, Justin Rose and Dustin Johnson.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Would love to go to The Masters one day, wouldn’t mind playing it either. The Masters is a tournament that provides plenty of big priced winners with just two players under 25/1 winning in the last ten years in Mickelson and Spieth. Don’t be afraid of backing a player at a big price.

It’s a tournament that the coverage is limited which is bloody frustrating but they have been giving us some more coverage in recent years. Sky have the coverage again this year which is good news as they are so much more professional than the clowns at the BBC, unless you don’t have sky of course.

I’ve been betting on this for a good while now and have the following on my side at the price I have them at....

Franny Molinari 50/1 - took his game to a different level last year when he won The Open and played like a God in the Ryder Cup. He’s already won this season and I really like his chances here.

Tommy Fleetwood 45/1 - he’s been slowly improving and has got close to winning majors a few times already. Could be the next Englishman to get his name on the trophy.

Phil Mickelson 60/1 - he’s not getting any younger but he’s been in great form this season and Augusta suits him well. If he can get his driver working he can go close here with his magnificent short game.

Matt Kuchar 66/1 - he’s in great form at the moment, losing in the final of the WGC Matchplay recently. He was fourth here last year.

Hideki Matsuyama 41/1 - four top 20s here and he’s getting better and better. Has had four top 15 finishes this season and he’s another major winner waiting to happen.

JB Holmes 300/1 - the slowest golfer in the world but has been in good form, winning recently. He was fourth here a few years back and his price is much bigger than his chance I think.

Tiger Woods 14/1 each way 10 places. Backed him yesterday when the clowns at Sky and Paddy went ten places. Not sure he can win but it’s hard to see him out of the top ten given his record here and how he has improved in the last 8 months or so. It adds something to the tournaments when he plays as he has that wow factor. He’s obviously had his problems but he owned this place when he was in his prime and the best golfer who has picked up a club. To see him win at St Andrews in 2005 was an absolute joy in a week where he was imperious. Would only back him with ten places.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You disappoint me

Thought it was this Russian lady golfer

IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0285.JPG

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I’ve replied to another of Crodo’s threads on this before, but I’ll bite again.

I cannot stand Tiger Woods. He’s a sour faced, adulterous prat who drains all the joy out of the game. Compare and contrast with Eddie Pepperell.

If my kids wanted a role model it certainly would not be him.

Doesn’t matter of course. Even if he misses the cut with two mundane 75s, there’ll still more written about him in the papers than everyone else put together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Away from that I'm having a little nibble on Rory, Justin Rose and Dustin Johnson.

Yeah, but what do you think their chances are for the competition?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Steve Palmer is due a winner in his column in the Racing Post - last year he tipped a golfer at nice odds on average every three weeks!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can't see past Dustin Johnston to be fair, but there also will be some american that no one has heard of who may be in the mix.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...there also will be some american that no one has heard of who may be in the mix.

So true. The Masters is great for that. You always end up with some unknown from Florida or Louisiana called Randy Swinger or some such, right in the mix until the turn on the final day when they blow up. Great stuff.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Tyrell Hatton each way. You’ve not been charged etc etc

I've gone Rory, top European and also EW tournament winner, with Mr Hatton as my outsider!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Woods could win this year.
But he will get hayfever and constantly blow his nose, or he will get some grit in his eye and make a point of trying to wipe it out.
Now he is back on form I look forward to Woods spitting his way around the course and bringing a very different meaning to the phrase 18 holes.
I hope he falls in the lake.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A Woods win would be a win for golf.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Jordan Spieth last 5 Masters;

2014 - T2
2015 - Winner
2016 - T2
2017 - T11
2018 - 3rd

Skybet 18/1 paying 10 places...

It’s a no brainer.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Don't fancy any of the big guns this year
F Molinari or B Koepka are my picks but i'm a crap tipster

Many are crap tipsters when it comes to golf, in my opinion the worst sport to place a bet on unless it's for fun or you don't mind standing a very good chance of losing your money

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Probably on my bucket list of top 3 sporting events I'd like to go to. Always a marvellous spectacle, as with the rest of the golfing family I'll be cheering on Tiger to win, the people favourite and would provide quite the sporting story.

Head on the chopping block!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bubba has made me a fortune at the masters.

I bet he is ridiculously high odds for someone that has won it twice in recent times too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here