Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Is this the best Foo Fighters album?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well technically it's not a foo fighters album but, like the debut album, it is all Dave Grohl. This was apparently recorded around the same time that Nevermind was being recorded although not released until 92. I never knew about it until it popped up in my youtube suggestions. I gave it a listen and after that first listen I think it may well be better than all the actual foo fighters albums.*

What do you reckon?

*I reserve the right to change my mind on how good it is after more listens...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
marigold was the b-side to i think 'heart shaped box', I liked that. Haven't heard the rest yet :D

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Dave Grohl has to be one of the busiest blokes in music. At one stage he was either a full or touring member (or just recording with) of a bunch of bands:

Foo Fighters
Queens of the Stone Age
Tenacious D
Them Crooked Vultures
Probot
Killing Joke
Sound City (also an excellent documentary on Netflix (I think))

Dude is/was busy.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Color and The Shape easily the best Foos album, Outside from Sonic Highways is my favourite ever Foo Fighters song though.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Color and The Shape easily the best Foos album, Outside from Sonic Highways is my favourite ever Foo Fighters song though.
Sonic Highways is actually bloody brilliant isn't it. The TV series was superb but the album itself stands up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Most of the artists I like seem to get weaker as they get older. I look forward to giving this a listen.[emoji106]
True. And I was disappointed by some of the Foos stuff a few years ago. Seemed to be gradually going downhill into mediocrity. But then they did Sonic Highways and my faith was restored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here