Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion Ticket Tranfer fascility

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else using this and experiencing problems?

I last used it for the Derby game, to transfer my ticket to a friend, and it wasn’t working. Club said IT Team were on the case. Just tried to use it for the Bournemouth game and the problem still seems to exist.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can’t remember which game it was when I had to use it, but it was several months ago, and it didn’t work for me either. I gave 1901 a call and they sorted it manually for me.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Wouldn't happen in Germany.

33050811_123245979616.jpg

Or should I say - wouldnly happen in the Germylode. O Yes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can’t remember which game it was when I had to use it, but it was several months ago, and it didn’t work for me either. I gave 1901 a call and they sorted it manually for me.

Did they email you a print-at-home ticket?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They emailed the recipient of the ticket a print at home ticket, much like the process used to be when the online transfer system worked properly.

Interesting to know. Thanks. For the Derby game I was told this wasn’t possible and my recipient had to collect a paper ticket. The club were, as usual, super helpful but it was a bit of a faff.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
So it is okay for 1901 members to transfer tickets but not us. But I suppose they pay more than us so they are more important to the club!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So it is okay for 1901 members to transfer tickets but not us. But I suppose they pay more than us so they are more important to the club!

I don’t think it’s about importance. It’s like a lot of things in life, you pay a bit more and get a bit extra. This is all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If anyone has the license agreement nearby, is the ticket transfer actually part of the contract or is it an extra, like the tea once was? I’m thinking it is part of the contract.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Indeed, and has been the case since the Amex opened.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I thought it was against the law to transfer tickets even without money being involved or is one law for the rich and one for the poor? Or am I totally wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought it was against the law to transfer tickets even without money being involved or is one law for the rich and one for the poor? Or am I totally wrong.

As I understand it, you can pass on tickets with the club’s consent. I believe all seasons can be transferred, isn’t this what happens if you upgrade a child’s ticket to an adult? Clearly this is being passed from one person to a different person?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I believe all season [tickets] can be transferred, isn’t this what happens if you upgrade a child’s ticket to an adult? Clearly this is being passed from one person to a different person?

Not necessarily. In a purely hypothetical case, what if the STH was John Martin, the principal character in the 1970s US TV show 'Big John, Little John'?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

It was always part of the deal and there's a logical reason. A lot of 1901 members bought extra seats so they can entertain clients/customers, so they need to be able to change the name on the ticket. Like it or not, people chucking in more money are only doing a good thing for the club and probably help to keep the prices better for the rest of us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not necessarily. In a purely hypothetical case, what if the STH was John Martin, the principal character in the 1970s US TV show 'Big John, Little John'?

Good point. The Bad Girls of Valley High also show the hole in my statement.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Anyone else using this and experiencing problems?

I last used it for the Derby game, to transfer my ticket to a friend, and it wasn’t working. Club said IT Team were on the case. Just tried to use it for the Bournemouth game and the problem still seems to exist.

Too many holidays HT

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here