Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time To Now Put 1983 Firmly To Bed?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
First up, any Albion fan who is 25 years old today would have been a foetus or a twinkling in their old man's eye in 1983.

Secondly, to just get shaded by one of the top six sides in Europe, and possibly the world, in the FA Cup semi-final, with all the untold riches sloshing around in the game, is a HUGE achievement and one that arguably eclipses anything that the club has achieved in cup competitions before.

1983? No Country For Old Men. It's all a bit Golden Gordon now. IMHO, like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never forget the past. Or forgive.

First up, any Albion fan who is 25 years old today would have been a foetus or a twinkling in their old man's eye in 1983.

Secondly, to just get shaded by one of the top six sides in Europe, and possibly the world, in the FA Cup semi-final, with all the untold riches sloshing around in the game, is a HUGE achievement and one that eclipses anything that the club has achieved in cup competitions before.

I need to check your figures.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I would never forget the past but it’s wonderful that the next generation have their own special memories now rather than old stories.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
when they showed a clip of Smith's chance yesterday

I still put my head in my hands

so it's a no from me

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not suggesting that we do either of those things. Just that we stop bloody banging on about it forevermore :shrug:

I never talk about it unless provoked. :rolleyes::cheers:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would never forget the past but it’s wonderful that the next generation have their own special memories now rather than old stories.

This is the most important thing!

I have to confess my enthusiasm and belief was much stronger in 1983, is this just an age thing?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

Secondly, to just get shaded by one of the top six sides in Europe, and possibly the world, in the FA Cup semi-final, with all the untold riches sloshing around in the game, is a HUGE achievement and one that arguably eclipses anything that the club has achieved in cup competitions before.

with still got the Charity Shield to win again

1910 is starting to be a long time ago :clap:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Bed, twinkling in dads junk and foetus.
Is this a subliminal sex education message from the Procurator Fiscal Service :D

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I always felt 1983 was us at our peak.

This time round, I'm very confident there is more to come :)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I can understand it can be a bit tiresome hearing old codgers blathering on about it but just to point in 83 the FA cup was a much sought after glittering prize ... not an after thought for Prem rich boys to fill out their trophy cabinet. (See Prem Reserves v Prem Reserves/lower league team)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In 1983 we actually WON in the semi final and no matter how much the JCL's like to dress it up we LOST yesterday so forget yesterday as today it means exactly NOTHING

Is the right response, no-one ever remembers loosing semi-finalists bar the fans of the ones that lost

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
In 1983 we actually WON in the semi final and no matter how much the JCL's like to dress it up we LOST yesterday so forget yesterday as today it means exactly NOTHING

1983 was great for the club, granted.
2019 was great for the club, the fans old and new, granted.
But should never forget, we got to another FA Cup SF, and lost against a team that is going for the
:yawn: quadruple :yawn: and with more talent than we can ever dream of.
So it does mean something :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
and with more talent than we can ever dream of.

Disagree entirely, I'm always dreaming of us being a team packed with megastars and completing our 100th unbeaten game in a row in the PL with a routine 5-0 win at Selhurst.

One Day..............................

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Disagree entirely, I'm always dreaming of us being a team packed with megastars and completing our 100th unbeaten game in a row in the PL with a routine 5-0 win at Selhurst.

One Day..............................

I don't think we'll ever have a team packed with talent, maybe some, otherwise we'll be the likes of Citeh etc, who just open their wallets and buy players at ease.
At least the Albion have players who have grafted and worked there way up from the lower leagues to the top flight. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here