Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] how much was the cup run worth

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
I know the club earned £900,000 for going out yesterday but we were on the BBC twice and BT once ( I think) so how much did the team make? What money do the BBC pay to show a match? Is it £275,000 per game or not? Plus all the merchandise sold, any ideas?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Minus the lost TV revenue for our match against Chelsea

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't think the FA Cup is a big 'earner' for a PL club. I think it's the minnows who welcome the (relative to their income) pay days when they have a cup run.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
By my calculations it's just under 2.3 million in prize money, I assume you get the prize money quoted here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fa-cup-201819-prize-money-13222534.amp for each round you win. Plus I think it would be approx and 500,000 for the TV games.

So around a little more than 3 million in total with gate receipts etc. Do we get any gate receipts for the semis or are they all for the Fa?

I believe that each semi-finalist receives 16% of the aggregate receipts from the two semi-finals. I’d guess that is about £1 million per club.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I don't think the FA Cup is a big 'earner' for a PL club. I think it's the minnows who welcome the (relative to their income) pay days when they have a cup run.

I suppose it is all relative, however if we make say £3 million that's still a sizeable profit for the club. It would pay the salary of one big earner for next season. A bonus income for the club which will hopefully will be spent on squad improvement.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It may be peanuts but merchandise of extra shirts, foam hands, scarves etc for the families who don't normally attend matches.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it too soon to ask what happened to the FA cup semi final money? ???

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It may be peanuts but merchandise of extra shirts, foam hands, scarves etc for the families who don't normally attend matches.

Yes, it all helps and if it means that the club can compete with transfer fees and salaries for next season (if we stay up!) then great.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here