Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Travel

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought that they were running long before 1992 when it was known as The Costa Love Bus, although I could be wrong.

As I understand it, although Thunder Bolt may like to correct me, the official Supporters Club have run at least one coach to every away game since the club cancelled supporters coaches back in the 1980's.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
They do a good job but can be let down by incompetent drivers who are outside their control. For example coming back from Fulham a few weeks ago it took us well over an hour to cross the Thames after a mystery tour of London and ended up going across the Vauxhall Bridge and getting to the M25 almost at Dartford.

think you may have been on same coach as me, got to Amex a few minutes before 1.00 AM!
not even a hint of an apology

however that was the only time i’ve had an issue, normally a great service provided, yesterday was well done

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Yes doubtless they do do a good job, but ultimately it's a business, and one that we pay for.

I would also like to point out that to travel on a NWSS coach from the Horsham and adjacent areas yesterday, it would have cost you £15, much less than a Seagulls Travel equivalent service..

That's not knocking the service they offer at all, but merely pointing out that there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Agree that other long standing coach travel can be cheaper but to organise every home match coach park and the 40 plus bus or coach travel to the Amex and yesterday to have resourced over 80 coaches you would expect a premium on fares.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got the train, absolutely seem less from leaving the stadium, straight to Wembley Park, waited 1 minute for underground train, on the 2025 from Victoria, plenty of seats, back in Brighton at 2130. Effortless.

My son used the trains, Brighton - Clapham Jct - Wembley Central.

Tons of Albion fans also went by that route, avoiding the busier Wembley station.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My son used the trains, Brighton - Clapham Jct - Wembley Central.

Tons of Albion fans also went by that route, avoiding the busier Wembley station.
I think because there were a few options it actually helped with the disbursement of fans, I saw quite a few get on at Clapham Junction and a few at East Croydon.

Got the ST29 coach. Steward very good, many of those travelling appeared to be regulars with some older than ! Nice comfy coach, experiendced driver took us the Dartford tunnel route as apparently there was rugby at Twickenham which could have created delays. Used orange coach park which was a reasonable walk from the stadium.

Came back via the legendary Hanger Lane Gyratory system thus virtually circumnavigated the entire M25.

Obviously dearer but far less hassle than car or train for us, tempted to take in some away games next season as youngest Potting is keen to do some.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would and go to away games again if it wasnt for the idiots who have a seat and want to stand

There was a chap behind me on the coach who walked with a stick and has to sit down, but he said there was a lot of people stood around him and he couldn't see most of the game.

It really is an issue with some of our more voiciferous mostly pissed fans.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Agree that other long standing coach travel can be cheaper but to organise every home match coach park and the 40 plus bus or coach travel to the Amex and yesterday to have resourced over 80 coaches you would expect a premium on fares.
Exactly. They customise routes based on demand and had only about 3 weeks to organise this...10 days really if you consider the gap between tickets going on sale and the game.

Amazing job to get 85 coaches up there

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
There was a chap behind me on the coach who walked with a stick and has to sit down, but he said there was a lot of people stood around him and he couldn't see most of the game.

It really is an issue with some of our more voiciferous mostly pissed fans.

I think this is a major issue. I prefer to sit but have no restrictions if I have to stand. There should be an area at all grounds where standing is forbidden so people like the chap on your coach or BG can go to away games. It's no use saying sit near the front, when I went to Everton I was in the third row and some 6 foot 6 inch prat stood in front of me.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
If you didn't want a toilet, otherwise it was £27 an adult and £22 a child (which I pad for). Guess what, the coach we were on (ST3) didn't have a toilet! Not Seagulls Travel fault as they are pissed off about a few things which went wrong yesterday (like we were meant to be going into the Orange car park but got directed to the overflow which was another 20 min walk away on some side road.)
I did think about asking for a refund (as didn't get a toilet) but it wasn't they're fault.

We were in Orange and it nowhere near full so was surprised that Seagull Travel had to use overflows.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
ST29 went smoothly, drive did well to avoid M25 holdups and get us there nice and early. I couldn't support regularly without ST

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The journey to and from was easy and painless. We had a Latest TV guy filming on the coach and getting us to sing which was cringy as **** but still a giggle. Only complaint I would have is the guy who decided that he needed to delay everyone else getting home because he needed to stop for a sandwich at pease pottage.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The journey to and from was easy and painless. We had a Latest TV guy filming on the coach and getting us to sing which was cringy as **** but still a giggle. Only complaint I would have is the guy who decided that he needed to delay everyone else getting home because he needed to stop for a sandwich at pease pottage.

A pee l could forgive, but a sandwich?

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
ST59 was one of 4 coaches from the Amex that had to park 30 minutes out from the stadium as late additions to the convoy. Driver was local to the Wembley area and got there no trouble. Coming back waited ages for one guy who we eventually found had decided to get on another coach (why would anyone do this and not let the driver know?). Also the loo had given up flushing so made an unscheduled comfort stop to M25 Services and finally back about 11. A mate on the Burgess Hill coach said they went on a tour of London via Griffin Park and the wrong Wembley car park before arriving a little tardily. Apart from our own return hiccups a great day out and well done to ST for arranging in such short time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here