Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Travel

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Sincere kudos to those guys...

That must have been a mammoth operation organising that amount of coaches and people yesterday - the traffic was nightmare but those guys did a fantastic job for us fans!

Thank you and well done!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Couldn't have been any coaches left in Sussex yesterday! Was great on the motorway waving at the other coaches we passed (our driver seemed to be a reformed getaway driver and didn't like the outside lane).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sincere kudos to those guys...

That must have been a mammoth operation organising that amount of coaches and people yesterday - the traffic was nightmare but those guys did a fantastic job for us fans!

Thank you and well done!

Yes doubtless they do do a good job, but ultimately it's a business, and one that we pay for.

I would also like to point out that to travel on a NWSS coach from the Horsham and adjacent areas yesterday, it would have cost you £15, much less than a Seagulls Travel equivalent service..

That's not knocking the service they offer at all, but merely pointing out that there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
ST62, a coach brought in on the third 'wave' was a complete shambles in its organisation. The 'steward' was utterly useless - sending ambiguous texts about where to meet - confusing people so much that some ended up in taxis - and another couple walked an hour before giving up. We were dropped off in the wrong location, the driver was a nice bloke but totally uninformed and sadly relied on the steward, who told another passenger he was in complete control of the missing passengers and was contacting them one by one - then proceeded to text me the correct postcode to head to... whilst I was sat ten rows down the coach, watching him do it.

We left Wembley almost 2 hours late with about a dozen missing passengers (some of which apparently gave up and jumped on another coach!!) from a deserted car park 1.8 miles away from the stadium (as per Google Maps) after being given the wrong postcode to aim for heading alongside a dark and deserted canal next to a very dodgy looking estate...

Got back to the Amex at 11.23pm.

Apart from that, it was quite a nice coach. Clean, tidy and modern.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
No worries at all for me and little Miss Wunt be Druv,got on a nice clean coach,arrived at Wembley in good time,got back on the coach and arrived back at the Amex at 10:00 pm exactly.Can't fault it! job well done!

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Seagulls over Burwash coach well organised as ever. Back in Uckfield by 10pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Couldn't have been any coaches left in Sussex yesterday! Was great on the motorway waving at the other coaches we passed (our driver seemed to be a reformed getaway driver and didn't like the outside lane).

Is it not an offence for a passenger carrying vehicle which can carry 8 or more passengers with a maximum laden weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes to drive in the outside lane of a motorway.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes. I use them all the time, home & away, and they get the job done....
BUT
ST75 Uckfield. Why on earth did the driver take a 59 seater coach via country lanes. It's simple, A22 East Grinstead, A264, M23, M25 etc.
We went B2064, B2188 Friars Gate, Groombridge, B2176 Bidborough (at this point we were further from Wembley than when we started), before joining the A26 North of Tunbridge Wells. Most of this journey was spent getting a very wide coach through very narrow country lanes. But it was fun!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
ST62, a coach brought in on the third 'wave' was a complete shambles in its organisation. The 'steward' was utterly useless - sending ambiguous texts about where to meet - confusing people so much that some ended up in taxis - and another couple walked an hour before giving up. We were dropped off in the wrong location, the driver was a nice bloke but totally uninformed and sadly relied on the steward, who told another passenger he was in complete control of the missing passengers and was contacting them one by one - then proceeded to text me the correct postcode to head to... whilst I was sat ten rows down the coach, watching him do it.

We left Wembley almost 2 hours late with about a dozen missing passengers (some of which apparently gave up and jumped on another coach!!) from a deserted car park 1.8 miles away from the stadium (as per Google Maps) after being given the wrong postcode to aim for heading alongside a dark and deserted canal next to a very dodgy looking estate...

Got back to the Amex at 11.23pm.

Apart from that, it was quite a nice coach. Clean, tidy and modern.

It sounds far more exciting than watching what was, in reality, quite a dull game of football!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ST37 from Clair Hall in Haywards Heath was excellent the driver took side roads to avoid traffic as best he could using his Sat Nav and was a credit to his company in Gravesend.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
ST37 from Clair Hall in Haywards Heath was excellent the driver took side roads to avoid traffic as best he could using his Sat Nav and was a credit to his company in Gravesend.

It just shows how massive this operation was yesterday, when every coach in Sussex must have been utilized, and Seagulls Travel were forced to use coach companies from Kent and further afield to operate all the services.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They do a good job but can be let down by incompetent drivers who are outside their control. For example coming back from Fulham a few weeks ago it took us well over an hour to cross the Thames after a mystery tour of London and ended up going across the Vauxhall Bridge and getting to the M25 almost at Dartford.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They do a good job but can be let down by incompetent drivers who are outside their control. For example coming back from Fulham a few weeks ago it took us well over an hour to cross the Thames after a mystery tour of London and ended up going across the Vauxhall Bridge and getting to the M25 almost at Dartford.

Is the thread not predominantly concerned with yesterdays use of ST.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes. I use them all the time, home & away, and they get the job done....
BUT
ST75 Uckfield. Why on earth did the driver take a 59 seater coach via country lanes. It's simple, A22 East Grinstead, A264, M23, M25 etc.
We went B2064, B2188 Friars Gate, Groombridge, B2176 Bidborough (at this point we were further from Wembley than when we started), before joining the A26 North of Tunbridge Wells. Most of this journey was spent getting a very wide coach through very narrow country lanes. But it was fun!

Probably using the same rubbish sat nav that I've got.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
ST42 from "The" Withdean yesterday, seemed pretty efficient , got us to (near) where our booked parking spot was (unsure what the cock-up was with the car park, but we parked adjacent to it anyway). Was a little confused when we seemed to take a rather circular route away from Wembley, and slightly concerned as we started heading up the M1 North! Didn't seem to be the quickest way back to "little old" Brighton. But... we did manage to get back in around 2 hours from setting off, which was unexpected and welcome.

Must've been a huge job sorting all this out; I know we paid them for the privilege but even so, seemed to be pretty smooth and easy from my perspective.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

Ha Ha, I was on that coach. Leaving Millwall a few weeks later we took the opposite route and got back on to the M25 via Fulham!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here