Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Bloody Apple ....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really, they make everything difficult.

So, Mrs W has an EE deal that means she gets a new phone but has to send her old one back. She now has the new phone, has restored all her stuff to her new phone. All good so far ..... BUT she needs to erase her old phone before sending it back. It appears you can't erase an iPhone unless it's connected to the internet .... that's batshit stupid and typical Apple.

The EE instructions explicitly say to remove the SIM before erasing to avoid deleting any cloud data. So how the hell do you reset the iPhone ?

God I detest Apple .... you don't get this shit with Android !

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
124aec382d20b30821327121bdf5b9a3.jpg

D

Deleted member 22389

Really, they make everything difficult.

So, Mrs W has an EE deal that means she gets a new phone but has to send her old one back. She now has the new phone, has restored all her stuff to her new phone. All good so far ..... BUT she needs to erase her old phone before sending it back. It appears you can't erase an iPhone unless it's connected to the internet .... that's batshit stupid and typical Apple.

The EE instructions explicitly say to remove the SIM before erasing to avoid deleting any cloud data. So how the hell do you reset the iPhone ?

God I detest Apple .... you don't get this shit with Android !

I don't know anything about iPhones, however can you connect using the wireless, or does the Sim need to be in so can access the OS.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tbh I’ve reset loads of iPhones over the years post removing sim and have never needed a sim to connect to WiFi, my guess is the op wanted an apple rant!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Connect it to WiFi and erase it. I've got an old iPhone we use as an ipod with no sim card that just uses WiFi.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
100% you don't need a SIM in the iPhone to reset it.

I have a spare 6S which I'm going to sell shortly as I now have the XS. I can still use the 6S by connecting to WiFi - and that includes reseting it!!

Not sure what the problem is??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apple just bricked Mrs iPhone 5S. It said it had to update to IOS 12.2 (no choice), and doing so failed. Factory reset, etc, all failed. Phone now can't be used.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
A contract that requires you to return the phone sounds like a bit of a rip off to me.
The early upgrade ones often do as you are getting a new phone 12 months into a 2 year contract (and taking out a new contract at the same time ) so returning the phone is a way of the mobile companies maximising their money and paying off the handset loan element of the contract.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here