Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert - take a bow

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
AK as one Teddy Maybank said "he's the heart of the team" plays everything flat out wears his heart on his sleeve a very good player who at times can be a great player with the tendency to occasionally over play his hand by not playing the simple ball but you have got to love his love for the club and the fans he's one of us but on the pitch

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thought he was infuriating going forward yesterday and often either lost the ball or was found out of position which limited the passing options of other players. There were three occasions yesterday where there was an obvious switch of play on to open the game up but he'd gone wondering and we ended up losing the ball because there wasn't the pass on that should've been there. But he was excellent defensively, kept the ball well and his set piece delivery was an improvement on recent times. Never MOTM though.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I thought he was infuriating going forward yesterday and often either lost the ball or was found out of position which limited the passing options of other players. There were three occasions yesterday where there was an obvious switch of play on to open the game up but he'd gone wondering and we ended up losing the ball because there wasn't the pass on that should've been there. But he was excellent defensively, kept the ball well and his set piece delivery was an improvement on recent times. Never MOTM though.

Tough crowd!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gets too much stick on here - has been brilliant on the whole all season and even last season wasn’t as bad as people made out - one of our best players still.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He embodies the spirit of the club with a bit of Gallic twatishness now and again, love him :smile:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He just needs to be a little more instinctive for me, once he's done his man, get the ball in, find the quick pass. Sometimes I feel like he's a little too careful and hesitant in deciding what to do next, and by that point he tends to get crowded out by 2 or 3 defenders closing on him and winning the ball back. I think he is a player who would benefit from us getting up the pitch more, I think it's the preciousness and rarity of our possession in the final third which makes him so indecisive at the moment.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Good performance but still a bit frustrating yesterday.....as usual several times turned into trouble rather than playing an easy pass. We were all a bit surprised at the MOM award TBH. Would’ve been Dunk for us.

Yes, that is knocky all over. Just look up for the pass now and then instead of trying to beat yourself, but you cannot argue with his willingness to die for the cause. Yes, I too would have chosen Dunky, but Knocky's sheer persistence was I suppose irresistible.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stephens, Propper and Duncan Duffy had great games, but Knocky was everywhere. Where I was sitting, we’d all decided he was our man of the match but were still surprised that it wasn’t given to a City player - even though not one of them stood out.

I like that list you've provided and agree, so long as we can add Bernardo to it. Propper was my MotM.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
AK had a quality game, able to beat ManC players with an array of skills. Time and time again. Driving us forward with Bissouma.

Even in the latter stages, he had far more pace, mobility and energy than subs Izzy, Andone and Locadia.

So happy that he signed for the Albion.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't agree with all this - I think that if Knockaert is continued the standard bearer in our team, as some are suggesting, then we're not going to push on up the table. I think he's been found out a little bit at this level which is why he's not scoring or creating as many goals as our team needs to improve. I also think he's been overtaken by the quality in the team and I don't think he's good enough to help us continue our upward trend. Unpopular as it may be, I think we need to improve again in the summer and refresh the team. For me, that means Knockaert, March, Stephens and Murray being phased out of the team as regulars with new players getting their chances. At the moment, we don't have anyone to take Stephens' place depending on where we're going to play Mac Allister when he joins up.

I like Knockaert, he's exciting - but do I think he's a serious Premier League standard player? Not for me, I'm afraid.

How often is it that a Man of the Match is given to a player of the losing team? He was utterly, utterly brilliant yesterday. As the game progressed he just wasn't scared of the likes of Raheem Sterling. That back-heel was a thing of beauty. He didn't give up until the final whistle was blown.

I know Anthony doesn't do it week in, week out. But my word he's showed up in some of the biggest games this season. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he loves the Albion. And I love him. :albion2:

AK always on the team sheet for me but his MOTM was surely just some pissy BBC person punishing City for tanking their early evening viewer ratings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here