Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Those magical first twenty minutes of the second half

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Loved every single minute of yesterday. Was sat in the upper tier about eight rows from the front. Was so proud of the boys steadying the ship and getting to half-time having kept it at 1-0. Then those first twenty minutes of the second half happened. They were brave and courageous and you could see the team growing in belief. Defensive line pushed higher. Knockaert running the show, not scared of the price tag of the players in front of him. And then the crowd. Lower tier bouncing and constant noise, people dancing in the aisles. If Laporte hadn't somehow scooped away Duffy's header from Murray, I think the roof would have come off. As a life-long Albion fan, those moments are irreplaceable.

Incredibly proud and a day I shall not forget in a hurry.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Loved every single minute of yesterday. Was sat in the upper tier about eight rows from the front. Was so proud of the boys steadying the ship and getting to half-time having kept it at 1-0. Then those first twenty minutes of the second half happened. They were brave and courageous and you could see the team growing in belief. Defensive line pushed higher. Knockaert running the show, not scared of the price tag of the players in front of him. And then the crowd. Lower tier bouncing and constant noise, people dancing in the aisles. If Laporte hadn't somehow scooped away Duffy's header from Murray, I think the roof would have come off. As a life-long Albion fan, those moments are irreplaceable.

Yes my thoughts indeed

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Agree with that. It was good to see us play well, such a shame it didn’t get us a goal.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From The Guardian write up

Brighton’s fans had turned up with their streamers, balloons and an old-school level of excitement that perhaps is no longer evident for City these days. They outnumbered City’s fans, out-sang them and stayed back at the end to applaud the efforts of the losing team.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Agreed. Said to my daughter how much I wanted to see a goal just to see the bedlam that would have ensued. We were so close too but Laporte did what class defenders do (like ours :)).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
F

I was thinking during that spell, if only we could score, it would give the fans something to go mental about, even if we’d still ended up losing. Scoring a goal would have been bloody fantastic

How low were my ambitions? :rolleyes:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Those twenty minutes were worth the money alone....was magnificent on and off the pitch ..will live long in the memory.
Apart from those 20mins I thought it was all a bit underwhelming tbh

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
From The Guardian write up

Brighton’s fans had turned up with their streamers, balloons and an old-school level of excitement that perhaps is no longer evident for City these days. They outnumbered City’s fans, out-sang them and stayed back at the end to applaud the efforts of the losing team.

And didn't we just? My abiding memory of watching Wembley semi's and finals on TV is how the end of the stadium occupied by the fans of the losing team is derserted within moments of the final whistle, allowing the producers to pick their favourite shot of a podgy 8-year old boy in a jester hat sat in a sea of empty red seats, blubbing his eyes out.

But not yesterday. The way we stayed back and took the roof off Wembley stadium as the players assembled in the centre-circle before finally taking a long, lingering walk around the touchlines at our end was magnificent and a memory that will live with me forever.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I had a tear in my eye and lump in my throat for much of the game. SO proud of our boys yesterday.

I must admit to getting a little teary in the 20 minutes leading up to the kick off as well. To look down on so much blue and white, and noise was superb. If only they'd let us enjoy the moment for more than 5 minutes! As to the poster thinking that just wanting a goal was a 'low ambition', that's all I really hoped for during the second half as well, it would have been absolute bedlam if we had.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Perhaps I should have added that the steward at the gate refused to take my bottle top ....whatever next ..flasks?

Really disappointed by the stewards. I expected them to be surly, uninterested and incompetent. But every single one I encountered was friendly, enagaged, polite and helpful. ???

What is wrong with these people?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It would definitely been better if we could have scored a goal. We haven't scored one against premier league opposition since the 9th of March.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Perhaps I should have added that the steward at the gate refused to take my bottle top ....whatever next ..flasks?

Really disappointed by the stewards. I expected them to be surly, uninterested and incompetent. But every single one I encountered was friendly, enagaged, polite and helpful. ???

Yep, Wembley are doing something right with their stewards, they were kind and helpful at the gate as well. And all of us were allowed bottle tops in spite of being on the top tier.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Speaking of the stewards, everyone was standing in our area apart from one bloke and the stewards proceeded to ask me and my son's to sit down which was returned with me asking to make the rest of the fans sit down then I will.

They tried to use scare tactics of chucking me and my sons out which I told them quite clearly to fuxk off and get the rest to sit down then I will.

They did fuxk off and moved the one man sitting and gave him a better seat I presume.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I missed the first 3 minutes of the 2nd half due to the service for curried chips being even worse than in the East Upper. But the 17 minutes I saw were great! Shame we couldn’t quite score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here