Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A couple of Observations yesterday

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The music in general was just so unnecessary. But particularly at the end - just let the fans carry on the atmosphere. And if there is none, there is none - pointless trying to generate it with pop songs.

Music and sport don’t mix with the exception of boxing and darts walk on’s. It’s ruined cricket and yesterday I’d have loved to have heard both sets of fans not Oasis.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is there anyone in the whole country that actually likes this sort of stuff, with loud pop music drowning out the atmosphere? I’ve certainly never met anyone. So who is it that thinks it is a good idea? It just doesn’t make any sense.

Some years back I emailed Bolton, because the music at their ground is totally deafening, to the extent that you can hardly talk to your neighbour. They said 'not had any other complaints'.

So, maybe we should start?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I noticed that when we came out of the ground, some of those singing were so pi$$ed I couldn't understand a word they were singing - it was like listening to the pub singer, near closing time, doing karaoke... should have come with subtitles...

Oh Banny doy!

Indeed. :wink:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
The music in general was just so unnecessary. But particularly at the end - just let the fans carry on the atmosphere. And if there is none, there is none - pointless trying to generate it with pop songs.

Said exactly the same thing. Let the fans create the atmosphere. There was far too much music, expecially before the match I thought, and Christ , it was far too loud. When will the football authorities learn?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
So my thoughts:

Had a great day out our fans were brilliant.
No doubt Walker should have been sent off, if it was a smaller team player I think the action would have been punished by a red card
Little old Brighton did better than the biased pundits said they would
There was a point in the game that City were getting a little rattled
Thought for a change the substitutions were timely and the correct ones
We sang city off the park
We need two more performances like that to be safe
Bernardo Silva was the difference
Glen Murray didn't respond to our fans at all when he went off and at the end
Proud of every at the club and our fans

I thought Glen. Murray looked a pissed of being subbed

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
#1 Observation from yesterday for me:

We can play football, we can put these teams on the back foot if we unshackle ourselves at times, I know this was a cup game but sometimes we need to take a few more risks in the league. Our boys got them worried, whilst we didn't always look like we'd score, we definitely caused them enough concern to drop deeper and deeper. That was exciting, if we took that and applied it to the league (albeit, not all the time) then we'll be fine. It somewhat reminded me of how we played in the championship at times, higher pressing and a more urgency in the transitions. My main beef with Hughton for the past season has been how slow, apprehensive and reluctant we are in the transition to attack. 2nd half yesterday, more urgency and a greater desire. More of that, please.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So my thoughts:

Had a great day out our fans were brilliant.
No doubt Walker should have been sent off, if it was a smaller team player I think the action would have been punished by a red card
Little old Brighton did better than the biased pundits said they would
There was a point in the game that City were getting a little rattled
Thought for a change the substitutions were timely and the correct ones
We sang city off the park
We need two more performances like that to be safe
Bernardo Silva was the difference
Glen Murray didn't respond to our fans at all when he went off and at the end
Proud of every at the club and our fans

Was on the pitch at the end applauding the fans. In blue coat and was very happy to stay and take photos with me and my daughter in the Boxpark after the game. Bit harsh comment IMHO as a key observation of the game.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To be fair, they have a Champions League quarter final on Tuesday. And they won no trophy yesterday. And it is a long way home for most of their supporters.
only about 3000 fans they arent expected to take 30,000 again. I Dont disagree with points about the issues and reaslns why for city. But this isnt one.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I was pretty impressed with the stadium, again, ( a real pain to get to though) but the club Wembley sections were very sparsely populated and “broke up”our end, which was a shame.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I was in block 130 and was disappointed to see 2 young men giving it the big one to the family behind them and trying to kick off. Not idea what it was all about but those lads were a pair of class 1 idiots.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Oasis tracks were annoying me too.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
#1 Observation from yesterday for me:

We can play football, we can put these teams on the back foot if we unshackle ourselves at times, I know this was a cup game but sometimes we need to take a few more risks in the league. Our boys got them worried, whilst we didn't always look like we'd score, we definitely caused them enough concern to drop deeper and deeper. That was exciting, if we took that and applied it to the league (albeit, not all the time) then we'll be fine. It somewhat reminded me of how we played in the championship at times, higher pressing and a more urgency in the transitions. My main beef with Hughton for the past season has been how slow, apprehensive and reluctant we are in the transition to attack. 2nd half yesterday, more urgency and a greater desire. More of that, please.

Absolutely. Its more frustrating when we don't press teams we really should be pressing (saints at home for example) because we all know we can do it well when we want to!! I hope the performance yesterday gives the lads the kick on they need to get the results to see us through

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Glenn was applauding the fans, he was behind the main group with Stevens. I have the video, but can’t seem to upload it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
An absolutely brilliant day out and what a performance. Loved every minute of that day.

So just a couple of observations

1. Teams walk out first half and second half to an Oasis track. Bit unfair, although I suppose most people wouldn’t have recognised it. Another example of why City were being favoured?

2. In our block (Upper) there were almost two empty rows at the front. These seats were not available to buy to the time that the second loyalty points tranche kicked in so why they were purchased and not used. Or do we have such an affluent fan base that these seats were purchased but then abandoned when better ones became available later?
It was great as a couple of mates moved from the back of the stand to the front second half. £30 quid for £45 tickets. Jobs a good un

Ticket touts were in operation. I was offered them

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Absolutely. Its more frustrating when we don't press teams we really should be pressing (saints at home for example) because we all know we can do it well when we want to!! I hope the performance yesterday gives the lads the kick on they need to get the results to see us through

I think we may see it more. Hughton now seen it in action against a team in a competitive tie. Training only shows so much.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I was in block 130 and was disappointed to see 2 young men giving it the big one to the family behind them and trying to kick off. Not idea what it was all about but those lads were a pair of class 1 idiots.

Probably not the same guys as a different level in the stadium. But 2 lads sat behind us at the start of the second half - undoubtedly p****d - and just started f’ing and blinding in a very loud and abusive manner. One of them said, “If they score a second let’s just f*** off out of this s*** hole”! I was almost hoping City did score!!

This was in 552 - so next to City fans... albeit quite a few seats from them. They then started mouthing off about dirty northern c***s. All this will numerous youngsters in the area.

It seemed so weird as it wasn’t like that in the first half. Then realised what had happened when the two actual ticket owners for the seats returned after queuing for the loo!! The two idiots got up and staggered down the steps still swearing loudly and gesticulating to the City fans. You could see them looking for other seats they could take... but eventually left the block. Goodness knows where their seats actually were!!

Complete knob heads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I also enjoyed the day very much. After the initial shock of conceding so early it turned out to be a great day. I was so gutted at first with that goal.
Delighted with the seat I purchased. Stood up the whole game and no stewards about watching you. Someone had the cheek to spark up a joint and took a few puffs.
My first trip to Wembley and I enjoyed it very much. After the game the queue for the tube looked horrific but once it moved you moved for ages and didn't have long to wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here