Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A couple of Observations yesterday

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
An absolutely brilliant day out and what a performance. Loved every minute of that day.

So just a couple of observations

1. Teams walk out first half and second half to an Oasis track. Bit unfair, although I suppose most people wouldn’t have recognised it. Another example of why City were being favoured?

2. In our block (Upper) there were almost two empty rows at the front. These seats were not available to buy to the time that the second loyalty points tranche kicked in so why they were purchased and not used. Or do we have such an affluent fan base that these seats were purchased but then abandoned when better ones became available later?
It was great as a couple of mates moved from the back of the stand to the front second half. £30 quid for £45 tickets. Jobs a good un

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There were tickets available on the day, perhaps they were them.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I noticed the Oasis tracks. At one point I thought the DJ had just left an Oasis greatest hits CD playing.
Observation two. Final whistle and on comes yet another Oasis track, big screens flashing Man City as winners, see you in the final. But the Man City players just walked off the pitch and the City fans were gone.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I noticed the Oasis tracks. At one point I thought the DJ had just left an Oasis greatest hits CD playing.
Observation two. Final whistle and on comes yet another Oasis track, big screens flashing Man City as winners, see you in the final. But the Man City players just walked off the pitch and the City fans were gone.

As someone else has said elsewhere, City are fast becoming the Harlem Globetrotters of English football and only have to turn up to win. There fans and players obviously get little excitement out of it...

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

It was strange wasn’t it. Cleared off in about two minutes.
I know that I just couldn’t “support” one of these big six teams
What is the point?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The couple in front of us, front row, upper tier, left after 15 minutes. He did come back for about 10 minutes during the second half, but, at 65 quid a pop, you would have had to drag me out of my seat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The so called fans who stole the flags from under my mates seat, both were big flags, one from the Play Off Final. They slid them off the sticks sometime during the game. Nice.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was strange wasn’t it. Cleared off in about two minutes.
I know that I just couldn’t “support” one of these big six teams
What is the point?

To be fair, they have a Champions League quarter final on Tuesday. And they won no trophy yesterday. And it is a long way home for most of their supporters.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
An absolutely brilliant day out and what a performance. Loved every minute of that day.

So just a couple of observations

1. Teams walk out first half and second half to an Oasis track. Bit unfair, although I suppose most people wouldn’t have recognised it. Another example of why City were being favoured?

2. In our block (Upper) there were almost two empty rows at the front. These seats were not available to buy to the time that the second loyalty points tranche kicked in so why they were purchased and not used. Or do we have such an affluent fan base that these seats were purchased but then abandoned when better ones became available later?
It was great as a couple of mates moved from the back of the stand to the front second half. £30 quid for £45 tickets. Jobs a good un

The music in general was just so unnecessary. But particularly at the end - just let the fans carry on the atmosphere. And if there is none, there is none - pointless trying to generate it with pop songs.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yes, the audio should have cut altogether, and we'd have had a great time singing at Wembley. Much of the pre-match atmosphere is lost up til kick-off and after the game.

Squeakseagull

Feb 25, 2009
We could always turn our backs to their presentation while waiting for our team to come out for the end of season parade.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do feel that if you are going to get so drunk you can't sing along to 'Albion, Albion' in sync with everyone else, and think shouting 'c***!' is a good thing, when sitting up in the £120 seats area, its no good getting upset when the elderly and infirm don't all 'stand up for......the al.....Beon'. And, FFS, it isn't 'going up to win the cup' not yesterday, not now, nor ever again until we are in a final :facepalm:

(He was alright really; spent most of the time fiddling with his phone, friendly enough, won't ever see him again. Sigh).

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I do feel that if you are going to get so drunk you can't sing along to 'Albion, Albion' in sync with everyone else, and think shouting 'c***!' is a good thing, when sitting up in the £120 seats area, its no good getting upset when the elderly and infirm don't all 'stand up for......the al.....Beon'. And, FFS, it isn't 'going up to win the cup' not yesterday, not now, nor ever again until we are in a final :facepalm:

(He was alright really; spent most of the time fiddling with his phone, friendly enough, won't ever see him again. Sigh).

I noticed that when we came out of the ground, some of those singing were so pi$$ed I couldn't understand a word they were singing - it was like listening to the pub singer, near closing time, doing karaoke... should have come with subtitles...

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes, the audio should have cut altogether, and we'd have had a great time singing at Wembley. Much of the pre-match atmosphere is lost up til kick-off and after the game.

Is there anyone in the whole country that actually likes this sort of stuff, with loud pop music drowning out the atmosphere? I’ve certainly never met anyone. So who is it that thinks it is a good idea? It just doesn’t make any sense.

kjgood

So my thoughts:

Had a great day out our fans were brilliant.
No doubt Walker should have been sent off, if it was a smaller team player I think the action would have been punished by a red card
Little old Brighton did better than the biased pundits said they would
There was a point in the game that City were getting a little rattled
Thought for a change the substitutions were timely and the correct ones
We sang city off the park
We need two more performances like that to be safe
Bernardo Silva was the difference
Glen Murray didn't respond to our fans at all when he went off and at the end
Proud of every at the club and our fans

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills