Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace lost £39 million last season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least the money for the new stand is ringfenced.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lovely stuff. Same again next year and that ringfenced money might have to be used to cover losses.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Should really concern us as a team/club of the same standing. How did our figures match up last season?

Quick Summary

Palace Albion.png

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Whilst perhaps not being intellectual enough to do all of the excellent analysis justice, I simply do not understand how Palace (or even the PL) allow 109% (%costs vs income). Shouldn't something be done to protect the club from themselves (yes, I know they're morons), but isn't there some level of governance to all of this for the supporters sake. Players and chairman (in Palace's case) come and go, but the fans are the ones who suffer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst perhaps not being intellectual enough to do all of the excellent analysis justice, I simply do not understand how Palace (or even the PL) allow 109% (%costs vs income). Shouldn't something be done to protect the club from themselves (yes, I know they're morons), but isn't there some level of governance to all of this for the supporters sake. Players and chairman (in Palace's case) come and go, but the fans are the ones who suffer.

There’s none. In the Championship Birmingham and Reading both had player costs of 240% of income last season. The EPL and EFL are members run clubs who make up their own rules. The FA is not interested in the professional game as such and very weak in laying down the law.

As much as I loathe Palace I’ve mates who support them who are all good lads and they are uncomfortable about the future but powerless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There’s none. In the Championship Birmingham and Reading both had player costs of 240% of income last season. The EPL and EFL are members run clubs who make up their own rules. The FA is not interested in the professional game as such and very weak in laying down the law.

As much as I loathe Palace I’ve mates who support them who are all good lads and they are uncomfortable about the future but powerless

Thanks - to me this is where football is going wrong. It is basically cheating (that applies to all teams).
When the money disappears what are we left with?

In some ways it is quite sad for the average fan.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought There is a limit to how much you can raise the wage bill a season - £7 million.

£7m plus any increase in non broadcast income plus the average profit on player sales over last three years

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very alarming to be losing money in the Premier League. Ironically, I believe that relegation to the Championship would allow Palace to ‘reset’ and become financially sustainable for the longer term. Whilst we’ve helped them by taking 6 points off them, I fear that Zaha’s diving and subsequent penalties have saved them one again for another year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here