Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - FA Cup Semi Final

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Surprised not to see a thread yet...

Ryan 7 - Smart save to deny Sterling. Couple of wayward goal kicks but tidy otherwise.

Montoya 7 - Had a very solid game, not too much got past him.
Duffy 7 - Another great game, but overshadowed by Dunk’s performance
Dunk 8 - Dealt with almost everything City had to throw at us. Real Captains performance
Bernardo 7.5 - Not seen this guy have a bad game. Won’t be long until he’s playing for a top 6 team.

Knockaert 7.5 - Lively, got the crowd going and kept the team driving forward.
Propper 7 - Solid. Does what Davy does best. Good passing and got forward at times.
Stephens 7 - Did the holding midfield job well.
Bissouma 7.5 - A real force going forward, always looking at getting further up the pitch. Strong and skilful.
Ali 5.5 - Had the occasional decent moment. Got forward well occasionally. Decision making was poor.

Murray 6 - A passenger for most of the game. Did well to win some free kicks to ease the pressure.

Andone 5.5 - Ran a bit. Barely saw the ball.
Izquierdo 6 - Had a half decent effort which Ederson awkwardly held.
Locadia N/A - Only had 10 mins.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Yep. All did well apart from ali j who doesnt do enough (for me). Izquierdo barely got the ball after he came on. The rest of them did us proud

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ryan 7
Montoya 8
Bernardo 8
Dunk 9
Duffy 8
Stephens 8
Propper 7
Bissouma 7
Knockeart 7
Ali J 6
Murray 6

Andone 5
Izquierdo 5
Locadia 5

The right subs but we were less of a threat down the left after Izquierdo replaced Ali J.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 6
Montoya 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 6
Bernardo 7
Knockaert 7
Stephens 6
Bissouma 8 (Locadia 82min, 5)
Pröpper 6
Jahanbakhsh 6 (Izquierdo 70min, 5)
Murray 5 (Andone 66min, 5)

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 6 - one good save but little to do. Will he come out for another cross this season?
Montoya - 8 - gave arguably the best player in the country (on current form) nothing.
Bernardo - 6
Duffy - 7 - switched off on goal, otherwise very good.
Dunk - 8 - led by example
Knockaert - 8 - a little wasteful, but desire and workrate exceptional.
Stephens - 6
Propper - 6
Bissouma - 6 - good first half, but once again quickly tired.
AJ - 6
Murray - 6

Andone - 5 - never got into it
Izquierdo - 6
Locadia - n/a - but how did he overhit a 4 yard pass late on to Izquierdo - FFS. Must have been cold.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm listening to the Wolves game via the Beeb website when up comes a link for rating the players.

I was curious so looked at our game yesterday, and can see why Kockeart got Man of the Match. Apart from De Bruyne, who got 6.20, no other City player got above 6.
Brighton on the other hand, Knockaert 7.04, and every player above 6.0.

Either a lot of voters just hated City or a lot of neutrals did rate our players. I'll leave you to decide.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47839217

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 6 -- kicking is getting to me
Montoya 7.5 -- he's underrated
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Bernardo 8
Propper 8.5 MotM -- looked by no means out of place at Wembley
Stephens 7.5
Bissouma 7
Knockaert 8
Jahanbakhsh 6
Murray 6

Subs: all 6

What a great occasion. The players, the management, the board and fans all did the club proud. Shall we do it again?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Average = 6

Ryan - 6. Marked down 1 for some truly terrible kicking in the second half. A worrying trend developing here.
Montoya - 7. Assured and didn’t look overawed at all. His Barca experience probably helped.
Duffy - 7. Won everything. No mistakes. He couldn’t play that cross, it was a nailed on own goal if he had.
Dunk - 8. Superb. I’m worried we’ll lose him in the summer. Marked down one for turning his back on the cross, very unlike him.
Bernardo - 8. Who is Sterling?
Stephens - 7. Best game in a long time.
Propper - 7. Never panics, class act. If only he had another yard of pace.
Bissouma - 8. Makes things happen. Looked at home on this stage. Like Dunk we need to appreciate him.
Knockaert - 8. Total determination. Great, consistent delivery. I wish he would try to go outside his man sometimes though.
AJ - 7. Decent. Worked tirelessly. Would look a far better player with more movement and options around him. Well done for not play acting with Walker. We can’t have it both ways, we don’t condone cheating (Palace ****) or we do.
Murray - 7. Total effort. Won almost every header, won lots of free kicks. If only he was 5 years younger.

Andone - 6. No service at all. Couldn’t get in the game.
Izzy - 6. A welcome return and looked lively. If only the pass down the channel to him at the end had been of the required quality he would have been in :(
Locadia - 5. Harsh maybe but feck me that pass to Izzy wasn’t difficult but he messed it up, Izzy would have been one on one with his pace.

CH - 8. Couldn’t do anymore and didn’t panic after 4 minutes, neither did the team.

Ref - 4. You bottling ****. By only booking Walker he passed the responsibility to VAR, I think VAR is a ‘cop out’ option for refs who Don’t want to make a mistake. VAR would not have overturned a red.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ref - 4. You bottling ****. By only booking Walker he passed the responsibility to VAR, I think VAR is a ‘cop out’ option for refs who Don’t want to make a mistake. VAR would not have overturned a red.

This /\

This is my exact take on the incident. I feel that without VAR present, the ref MAY have issued the red himself. With the 'safety net' of the video review, he can think 'I'll play safe and go yellow. If there's enough in it, the VAR will up it to red". Such thinking would be okay, if the VAR officials had a genuine free reign to judge what they see. As it is, with the ruling to only overrule a very clear mistake, they are always going to support the original call. As you rightly say, if he had given a red, there's no way the VAR would have over-ruled it - on the very same evidence.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ryan 8 - not at fault for the goal, tidy performance otherwise, wayward kicking but otherwise very good

Montoya 8 - marshalled Sterling well and supported AK well going forward
Duffy 7 - should have done better with their goal, did OK after that
Dunk 9 - MOTM for me, immense performance, hope Gareth Southgate was watching
Bernardo 8 - some enterprising attacking moments and competent in defence

Stephens 8 - best game for us for weeks, don't recall him giving the ball away, still committing too many silly fouls around our box though
Bissouma 8 - drove the team forward well at times
Propper 7 - not as good as the other two but did well enough, his best game for a while too

Knockaert 9 - deserved his MOTM award, personally gave it to Dunk but it was a close run thing
Murray 7 - didn't have a lot but won a few cheap fouls off them to help get us up the pitch, missed his big chance
Jahanbakhsh 7 - did alright, should have got Walker sent off

Subs:
Izquierdo 5 - clearly off-colour, injury rumours persist, probably only made the squad because March unfit
Andone 6 - showed some drive and closed the keeper down a few times which disrupted them at the back
Locadia 6 - did OK, a few runs, ultimately didn't have the time or chances to do much for us

Hughton 9 - tactically spot on, one moment of magic undid us in the end, got his subs right too

Referee 8 - good performance I felt, didn't seem to overly favour them, Walker call was marginal and can see why he gave him yellow

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Some shrewd comments there

Average = 6

Ryan - 6. Marked down 1 for some truly terrible kicking in the second half. A worrying trend developing here.
Montoya - 7. Assured and didn’t look overawed at all. His Barca experience probably helped.
Duffy - 7. Won everything. No mistakes. He couldn’t play that cross, it was a nailed on own goal if he had.
Dunk - 8. Superb. I’m worried we’ll lose him in the summer. Marked down one for turning his back on the cross, very unlike him.
Bernardo - 8. Who is Sterling?
Stephens - 7. Best game in a long time.
Propper - 7. Never panics, class act. If only he had another yard of pace.
Bissouma - 8. Makes things happen. Looked at home on this stage. Like Dunk we need to appreciate him.
Knockaert - 8. Total determination. Great, consistent delivery. I wish he would try to go outside his man sometimes though.
AJ - 7. Decent. Worked tirelessly. Would look a far better player with more movement and options around him. Well done for not play acting with Walker. We can’t have it both ways, we don’t condone cheating (Palace ****) or we do.
Murray - 7. Total effort. Won almost every header, won lots of free kicks. If only he was 5 years younger.

Andone - 6. No service at all. Couldn’t get in the game.
Izzy - 6. A welcome return and looked lively. If only the pass down the channel to him at the end had been of the required quality he would have been in :(
Locadia - 5. Harsh maybe but feck me that pass to Izzy wasn’t difficult but he messed it up, Izzy would have been one on one with his pace.

CH - 8. Couldn’t do anymore and didn’t panic after 4 minutes, neither did the team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here