Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City forum

24 Not allowed!
    Off topic really but you have to give credit to Sterling. Not for his actual performance but for his humble post match comments acknowledging the part we played in the game and also for his buying of tickets for local school children to attend. He’s increasingly giving the finger to the press and their previous portrayal of him as a bad lad. Respect.
    Last edited by jimhigham; 07-04-2019 at 01:54.
    Albion and Rhinos forever.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Would Sterling suit our style though?
      LOL. Good point. He would have to bulk up to defend when Hudson Odoi comes to the Amex

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stato View Post
      I had a read of that too. Do you remember when City fans were down to earth, through thick and thin types? When did they get replaced by these insufferably entitled dullards? Nothing but abuse for us because we didn't just roll over and let their team of FFP-cheating Galacticos humiliate us. They even accuse us of being dirty when they committed twice as many fouls* and should have had a player sent off.

There's not a lot of self awareness there is there? If one team is allowed to be funded by oil money to the point where they can buy full backs that cost more than other teams' stadiums, it's not very surprising that the resulting matches are not a spectacle of Corinthian endeavour is it? If one team buys success at such a level that others can't compete it's also not surprising that even their own fans don't want to bother to go and watch is it?

Our team turned up today. They were hard working, well drilled and committed. They gave their all against overwhelming odds and pushed it close.
      Brighton's fans also turned up and gave the match an atmosphere worthy of the occasion. City fans have to admit that they did not play their part. Those that did bother to come made very little noise. They must all be asking themselves what the point of all this success is. They don't seem to having anywhere near as much fun as they did when they watched Shaun Goater lift them through the lower divisions.

I think it would do them a favour if we ground out a result at the Amex that hands the title to Liverpool. They might start to remember that football is about heartbreak and joy in equal parts. Anyone who had to watch the Harlem Globetrotters week after week, month after month, year after year and didn't eventually want the Washington Generals to win a game would be a borderline psychopath.... or Tim Lovejoy.

* - (Even if we discount all the 'fouls' that Glenn bought on the half way line, they still committed more than us).
      That, that right there .....is beautifully put.
      Think of how stupid the average person is....
      ........and realise half of them are stupider than that.

2 Not allowed!
      The same sense of entitlement I suppose as a team of superstars who surround and berate the ref when he gives a corner against them. How dare he? Not a penalty... a corner...
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Somebody would probably have to explain to them who Shaun Goater was too (along with the concept of 'Manchester City playing in the third tier of English football').
      Feed the goat and the goat will score.

Man City forum

4 Not allowed!
      Post game yesterday there were a staggering amount of city fans goading Brighton fans which was just plain odd. Guess it showed we got under their self entitled skins. Complete lack of class or recognition of how close we ran their billion pound squad.

Not even selling out your own ground when you have the best squad in your history is bad enough but not selling out a semi final at Wembley is unforgivable. No wonder united lean towards Liverpool as their rivals
      Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!

1 Not allowed!
      Last time I saw city at Wembley they got done in the league Cup final 1974 by Wolves. They were nobs then too.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Bizarre set of comments on there. I drove there and back with a City fan (5 hours each way, so we had plenty of chat time). He's a 'proper' City fan - i:e: went through the bad times. He had nothing bad to say about the ref, our players - no mention of diving (not even in a jokey fashion), and said that all around him were convinced that Walker was going to be sent off. The comments were all along the lines of 'why has he done that, he's off'. So - how they then can say the ref was one-sided is quite amazing.

There was one tackle where their players protested that Ali J dived, and Murray got a few more free-kicks for the shoves in his back than he has been doing - but I simply can't think of any other occasions where the City players moaned much, or where we looked dirty or cheats.

Very disappointing to read.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Originunknown View Post
      Someone should remind them who was MOTM...
      The single most ridiculous laughable MOM I have ever seen awarded was at Manchester City last season.
      A token award for a retiring player who walked around doing nothing in an exhibition match.
      I used to quite like City, because their fans were more grounded than the tourist attraction that is their neighbours.
      But when you go there and see it is all really just no different to a manufactured boy band, it is actually a bit sad.
      I have not forgiven Lewes Council, or DeVeggie, or Archer, or Bellotti, or Stanley, or Bailey, or Whiteside, or Challis, or Saints and Spurs for that 0-0 in 1978.
      I don't get over things and I don't move on easily. OK?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Originunknown View Post
      Someone should remind them who was MOTM...
      Apparently it was a Messi-wannabe