Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Please tell me you'll have done a ton on the bike that day too.

Even better if we beat Cardiff and we get relegated I'll eat your socks that you've worn doing a ton on the bike :sick:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We've been fortunate. Last year we survived because we deserved to. This year I feel it is simply because there are three worse teams.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
That's how leagues work, isn't it? The 3 worst teams are relegated, the others aren't! [emoji3]

Yes, but what I'm thinking is that last season the relegated teams were not as poor as this time round. We had to work for it. There were no favours.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
They were all worse than Huddersfield ...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Yes, but what I'm thinking is that last season the relegated teams were not as poor as this time round. We had to work for it. There were no favours.
I know what you're getting at, but the distribution of points over the 20 teams doesn't really make any difference, as it's all relative. Therefore a team that gets relegated in 18th place with, say 35 points, is not necessarily better than a team that gets relegated in 18th the following season with 32 points.

Having seen that performance today, it reinforces my belief that we are good enough to stay up. Think we're going to need to buy a few in the summer though, and maybe cut our losses on one or two.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I know what you're getting at, but the distribution of points over the 20 teams doesn't really make any difference, as it's all relative. Therefore a team that gets relegated in 18th place with, say 35 points, is not necessarily better than a team that gets relegated in 18th the following season with 32 points.

Having seen that performance today, it reinforces my belief that we are good enough to stay up. Think we're going to need to buy a few in the summer though, and maybe cut our losses on one or two.

Oh yes, I agree that we have enough to stay up. I just think that a similar pattern of performance next year may not afford us that chance. We have to get it right this summer otherwise I think we will start of in the favoured bottom three.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They have Fulham (already down) and Palace (on the beach, as of today). Could easily be six points. But if they only get a point from us, then they are almost certainly down.

Personally, I think the winner of that game stays up. I can see Cardiff getting seven points from Burnley, Fulham and Palace.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here