Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Absolutely immense out there today. I realise he wasn’t alone, but some of those blocks were sensational.

Knocky was all bluster, arm waving and brilliant with it, but lacking the end product that he really deserved.... Lewis was (in defensive terms) all end product... single handily prevented numerous goal scoring opportunities and that tackle on Sterling (last five mins) was nothing short of world class.

Well done Lewis, from one mega proud Albion fan :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Absolutely immense out there today. I realise he wasn’t alone, but some of those blocks were sensational.

Knocky was all bluster, arm waving and brilliant with it, but lacking the end product that he really deserved.... Lewis was (in defensive terms) all end product... single handily prevented numerous goal scoring opportunities and that tackle on Sterling (last five mins) was nothing short of world class.

Well done Lewis, from one mega proud Albion fan :)

Thought Shane Duffy was even more commanding today.
Our centre backs are absolutely top end.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Thought Shane Duffy was even more commanding today.
Our centre backs are absolutely top end.

Defensively arguably true to a certain extent, but when Dunky plays like that he’s, for me, a better all round player... he exuded class out there against a team of extremely skilful and arrogant winners. He’s a gifted footballer, no question.

He is, IMHO, our star asset in this universe and beyond.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Back to best. 9/10 against arrogant opponents.

Knockaert was great, driving us forward, not overawed by ‘names’.

First time aj has looked even close to being a player today, too

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He was fantastic, his best performance of the season.

Duffy has been the better of him for most of the season but Dunk shaded it today.

I know we say it a lot but even then I think we take it for granted at times, what a pair of centre backs we have!

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
He was fantastic, his best performance of the season.

Duffy has been the better of him for most of the season but Dunk shaded it today.

I know we say it a lot but even then I think we take it for granted at times, what a pair of centre backs we have!

There I believe is the problem with Dunk and England. His undoubted abilities are peerless when playing with an equally courageous partner. That is not the England way. His last ditch defensive style is not for them

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There I believe is the problem with Dunk and England. His undoubted abilities are peerless when playing with an equally courageous partner. That is not the England way. His last ditch defensive style is not for them

he does that but can also make a pass and take the ball forward, i think he'll have some more games, better defensivly than others they shoehorn in to centre back position.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Only watched on the telly,but Dunk just shaded Knocky as MOM for me.Immense.

D

Deleted member 2719

Dunky put in another England performance in to keep him within Southgate's radar and the best bit.......he wears those stripes with pride.

The lad deserves a big silver cup with the Albion.

He is up there with the all time Brighton and Hove Albion gods.:clap2::clap2::bowdown:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The OP has already referenced it, but Dunk's tackle on Sterling in the final 5-10 minutes was just superb. A player that has been scoring goals for fun for our national team of late and Dunk simply picked his pocket before moving the play upfield. Utter class.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The OP has already referenced it, but Dunk's tackle on Sterling in the final 5-10 minutes was just superb. A player that has been scoring goals for fun for our national team of late and Dunk simply picked his pocket before moving the play upfield. Utter class.

Time and time again clean tackles, against players who love a dive for a pen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here