Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The best team won today but...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nice to have a Saturday night where Albion fans aren't sharpening their knives ready to get stuck into about 5 different players they 'support'.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Proud of the team. Fought like lions and disrupted a class team. Just didn’t have the quality to break them down. Now go and get those last few points needed to stay up.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Still don't know how Murray didn't score and I've seen the replays! Incredible defending by Laporte (I think).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would just like to say that our defence was absolutely brilliant today, and Dale was superb as well.
We can attack, as we all know, we have got to stop this 1 up front nonsense for the remaining games and stay up, because as good as we were today we still don't look like scoring, except set peices and the odd flowing attack.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
This City team could well be the first in history to do the quadruple.

We just made them resort to taking the ball to the corner flag in the 92nd minute in the Cup Semi Final...

How far we have come.

A very long long way.I am so proud of our performance....

Brilliant and a half decent VAR ref would have sent Walker to the bin! Then who knows?

Stay up and it has been another fabulous season.....

TNBA

TTF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Take that performance into our league matches and we’ll be fine.
The boys did real good today against one of the best teams ever. They were very fortunate with the sending off decision that could have made a huge difference to the result.
Proud is an understatement.
Let’s get behind the boys to keep us up, they deserve our support after today’s efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of neutrals on Twitter saying Walker should have been off. Pep was obviously worried enough to sub him at half time.

We did ourselves proud today & Murray came so close to an equaliser.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Just a shame we couldn't give a not bothered City more trouble in their box and make Ederson work

Ernest, do you think City could not be bothered ? Our defence made it look that way, if they could have put 6 past us they would have done, but they did not our defence made sure of that.
Stop making the opposition look as though they are playing with us, yes they had the majority of possession but they did F A with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Amazing day out watching the team give a good account of themselves in front of some very talented footballers.

They did us PROUD!

All those talented footballers and it was Knocky who got Man of the Match.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
It was actually a very good goal, no complaints from me, it was a brilliant move by classy players.
But their only one of the match, after that we more than held our own and even had them rattled.
Ok they may have been in 3rd gear, they may have had an off day but on the day we gave them a hard game

Third gear, Bollocks, we kept them in that gear.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Had we been switched on from the start, we could've got something from today.

Glad we gave it a go second half but we looked resigned in the first 45. Players just need some belief- City aren't that great!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
People are talking about City having an important game on Tuesday and they do. We also have an important game on Tuesday against Cardiff. Arguably ours is more important, at least to us.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Hacked off that whenever we broke up an attack we ended up passing backwards due to lack of movement/pace. We have to solve this problem by digging deep into our pockets and ruthless team selection.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Had we been switched on from the start, we could've got something from today.

Glad we gave it a go second half but we looked resigned in the first 45. Players just need some belief- City aren't that great!

Swansea gave them a good game but you don't know how they are going to play, maybe we should have realised earlier that they were not that good again and changed the game plan earlier, but hindsight and all that.
Teams are frightened of the top 6 and defend, maybe they shouldn't, giving them no space and a good kicking is the way to go.
They are good players but are so far up their backsides that they don't like being roughed up and not allowed to play their lovely football.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
People are talking about City having an important game on Tuesday and they do. We also have an important game on Tuesday against Cardiff. Arguably ours is more important, at least to us.
Erm. Are you going to tell him or shall I?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
i can’t help thinking that one answer to our lack of people in the box could be helped by the admittedly old fashioned “get to the byline and cross into the box”. Nobody seems to do this anymore. I miss it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here