Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The best team won today but...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I am glad we gave it a go. Well done to the players and thank you for the Wembley experience.

:albion2:

No. We fizzled out of the match big time. City were saving themselves for Tuesday night against Tottenham in the Champions League.

They were so poor. What an opportunity wasted.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We gave it a good go in the end. We HAVE to take that performance and turn it in to some positive results in the league.

Can’t say we laid down and rolled over though. I’m happy with the performance.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Considering most people thought we'd get mullered, it's a decent result.

Something to build on in the league. Nowt wrong with losing by a goal to City, even when they're below par.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think we were good for a draw. If there was an official / VAR operator with any bollocks and without big club bias, I think we’d have caused an upset. So proud though, played brilliantly. Knocky, Dunk & Bernardo particularly outstanding. Hold your heads high.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
A good demonstration of why our way of playing, when we do it right, has some value. Yes Ok we lost, but we were never out of the game against the highest possible quality opposition.

The lads were a credit to themselves and the club, another demonstration of how far we have come. It wasn't that long ago I would have taken a draw against Torquay.

Special props to Knockaert, I could feel his effort and passion from my livingroom.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think Citeh will look upon it as an ugly win - similar to when we won 1-0 away to Dagenham and Redbridge in April 2011 to help us along to win the League One title in the final days of Withdean.

But boy, they look absolutely shattered. There's no way they'll win the Champions League but a domestic treble would be an amazing achievement.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Much better than of late, we were always in the game

Definitive discipline was there (couldn’t do much about the quality ball for the goal)

Still missing that centre midfield option to link up with speed

If anything they should take their performance as a positive and take this on now we are concentrating on league survival

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Take that performance into our league matches and we’ll be fine.
The boys did real good today against one of the best teams ever. They were very fortunate with the sending off decision that could have made a huge difference to the result.
Proud is an understatement.
Let’s get behind the boys to keep us up, they deserve our support after today’s efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Much better than of late, we were always in the game

Definitive discipline was there (couldn’t do much about the quality ball for the goal)

Still missing that centre midfield option to link up with speed

If anything they should take their performance as a positive and take this on now we are concentrating on league survival

This. I'm more confident about survival after that performance; more so because we won't have one eye on the Cup!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Very well done to the lads for the way they played today and very proud of them all. Good and timely substitutions IMO. Just wish we could have wiped the arrogance off of City's faces, especially their goalie's.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think we did ourselves proud, particularly the first part of the second half. As sometime said, we have come a long way for them to be time wasting like that, we should take credit for but making it easy for them. Yes we didn't trouble their keeper much but with a little luck we may have been celebrating a famous win. It is hard to give city credit when they have spent more money than just about any team in history and we have spent relatively little. It's one reason, along with age, why i am not heartbroken at this result, whereas i certainly was when we lost the final all those years ago.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A moment of poor defending cost us. But City rarely threatened. I wish we took a more proactive approach in the first half and took it to them sooner 2nd half they were very worried about us.

It was actually a very good goal, no complaints from me, it was a brilliant move by classy players.
But their only one of the match, after that we more than held our own and even had them rattled.
Ok they may have been in 3rd gear, they may have had an off day but on the day we gave them a hard game

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No. We fizzled out of the match big time. City were saving themselves for Tuesday night against Tottenham in the Champions League.

They were so poor. What an opportunity wasted.

Apologies for the negative post. Just a bit frustrated personally at the moment. We did play some good football.

Carry that on to Bournemouth next week and three points will be in the bag. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here