Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BBC Sussex: The biggest day in Sussex sport for 36 years and they're LIVE all morning...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
.. at the Colour Caterham Festival. In Surrey. Where there are some buskers and an artist outside Morrison's. Just in case anyone wants to go along.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just to remind you that it is just a semi final. They seem to have coverage from 2pm onwards. Now, if we win today!!!

If it’s a final you’re after you may have to wait a while longer :smile:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just like the www.northstandchat.com/showthread.p...amp-Hove-Albion-***-Official-Match-Thread-*** no one is left to listen. The biggest game for a while will probably produce the smallest audience for a while, what with it being on BBC1 as well. They are live from 2:00 though.

Indeed. Live from 2pm when most of us will be there already. They kept running trails for that, rather than saying anything significant ahead of the exodus. Oh well. I suppose I'm just bitter because I remember the days when local radio was actually local and could really contribute and build up the buzz. They may well be doing more this morning - but after 20 minutes of unlistenable turgid drivel, including all the 'excitement' from Caterham, I gave up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Never knew where Caterham was until this morning. Pointless indeed. They introduced it as 'Caterham, where loads is going on'. Said no-one ever. Except unfortunately this morning on Radio 'Sussex'.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
‘Come on you goal hungry forwards’, as the old man in the South Stand of the Goldstone would ever hopefully shout, circa 1983 :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Allison Ferns and the Ferny's Fans Bus, what an embarrassing pile of nonsense, she keeps using words like 'we' and 'us' when referring to the Albion, but I bet until today she had hardly ever gone to see a game.

I'm giving loads and loads of my listeners the chance to go to Wembley and watch the Seagulls she enthused. The bus only holds 50 so is that loads and loads? She also gave Glenn Murray the chance to return home on her bus and meet some of his 'greatest fans' Surprisingly enough he declined her offer.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
All day coverage would really be overkill. 1400 is fine.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I have given up on Radio Sussex, always tuned in at 08.30 for local news and traffic/weather, for some time following the news they introduce the Birthday item,guess the age of a named person, it was bad enough at the start now regularly the person named is not known so a blind guess, during this time listeners are waiting for useful traffic and weather before going out.
Can anybody provide another station that gives traffic/weather at around 08.30

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here