Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So so excited

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Not been so excited about going to a match since Queen of the South vs Rangers in Scottish Cup Final in 2008 - (our one and probably only appearance). Just got to be positive remember Wigan beat city in cup final so it’s doable

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Picked the kids up from school at lunch time yesterday, did the long slog up out of Cornwall and got to put hotel in Wokingham fairly late, but now refreshed and starting to get excited :albion:

Is this going to be the quietest live match thread ever?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Even watching the most negative interview with Hughton on Sky will not dampen my mood. UTA

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's the Saturday morning of an Albion match day, but I'm going to watch them in The FA Cup semi final at Wembley later - This is feeling a bit trippy now.

Buzzing with excitement. :clap:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I love watching us use the same old negative tactics away from home. It's so exciting not knowing how long it will be until we concede our first goal. I find it quite inspiring, I'm sure the players do too, hearing Chris inform us how slim our chances our, how magnificent Manchester City are. "They will need to have an off day and we........ blah, blah, blah." Why not say "I have complete faith in my group of players, we are massively up for this game and I know we have the ability to cause an upset." It's a one off FA cup semi final. Let's have a go for f***s sake.

If we're going to have any chance at all, then the Abu Dhabi All-Star XI needs to have a massive off day. Thinking the job is already done is our best hope of that. This is the easiest hurdle on their route to the quadruple as far as they're concerned, so let's hope it creeps into their play. Talking down your chances and putting all the pressure on the opponent is the oldest trick in the book for a game like this. I doubt what Hughton says in public will match the message the players are receiving.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Thank you Mr D Head - even though factual I found the summary rather depressing. Excitement has now turned to nerves.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just watched the highlights of the 4.- 0 drubbing of City in FA cup game in ‘83.
Couldn’t help but notice the freestyle of play, it was really good to see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here