Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roll call - FA Cup Semi Final 1983/2019

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Behind the goal in '83. Somewhere near the half-way line today.

Feels totally different though, this time it feels like the Final. I was so nervous in 83, all I wanted to do was get to the Final, today I'm really relaxed and whilst, yes, I know an upset is a remote possibility, all I ask is that we don't disgrace ourselves and we put up a good performance - on and off the pitch.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Yep, I was 10. About 3/4 of the way back and directly behind the goal when Jimmy Case scored 'that' free kick. Went with my Dad. Amazing memories.

Will be there today too. Without my dad sadly. He'll be watching it on the box though [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bognor gull

Feb 1, 2012
sunny bognor
It was my 15th birthday in ‘83, stood half way up the clock end. That thunderbolt from Case still makes the hairs on my neck stand up.
Today as a 50 year old, I shall be to the right side of the goal with my wife.
Never thought i’d see us in an FA Cup semi final again.
Live the dream chaps, we can upset those odds today.
Let’s cheer em on and have another day out in a few weeks.
UTA

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep. 17/53.

Hard to believe it was so long ago. Roughly in line when Jimmy unleashed that thunder bolt. Was going to say 'it doesn't feel the same' but it is starting to!! UTA.

My feelings exactly, I have been a bit “meh” right up until this morning now I’m really excited!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Ja vol.

Chap sitting behind said "He'll never score from there" as Case lined up for that free-kick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Going with my little brother and his two sons having my first drink of the day. image.jpeg

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Yes there in 83. What a day, remember how hot it was, also dehydrated having drunk too much beer before the game. Dehydration when when I topped up with even more beer afterwards. Then went to both Finals, now looking forward to another day out with the blue and white masses [emoji838][emoji836][emoji838][emoji106]Taking my lad with me this time, let's hope it's the first of many trips to Wembley for him [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here