Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we just kick them?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Since the draw was announced I've spent many hours thinking how the hell can we beat them.

I just can't see it. So should we just kick them and hope that somehow works? We haven't really tried that against a top six team. Used to work well for Burnley and Stoke.

I genuinely can't think of a strategy that is likely to work. I know what we will do, hang in there, defend, hope to get something from a set piece, standard Hughton away performance, but we know that doesn't work, all it does is reduce the likely thumping. So what else can we do?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Based on last weekend we'd miss!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Could have done with no VAR

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Since the draw was announced I've spent many hours thinking how the hell can we beat them.

I just can't see it. So should we just kick them and hope that somehow works? We haven't really tried that against a top six team. Used to work well for Burnley and Stoke.

I genuinely can't think of a strategy that is likely to work. I know what we will do, hang in there, defend, hope to get something from a set piece, standard Hughton away performance, but we know that doesn't work, all it does is reduce the likely thumping. So what else can we do?

Totally change tack and press them all over they have bigger fish to fry than a cup semi get at em hard n early set the tempo get our lot right behind and leave nothing on the pitch

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Totally change tack and press them all over they have bigger fish to fry than a cup semi get at em hard n early set the tempo get our lot right behind and leave nothing on the pitch

Knocky and Stephens will be flying in like men possessed

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Totally change tack and press them all over they have bigger fish to fry than a semi get at em hard n early set the tempo get our lot right behind and leave nothing on the pitch

That's basically my sex strategy :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Judging by the number of cap-doffing threads to the footballing gods of Man City, we'll effortlessly beat them in the field of TINPOTTERY!

Off yer knees, serfs! It's 11 v 11 in a one-off cup tie. Sake! :rolleyes:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I imagine CHs strategy will be something along the lines of "all of you sit on the 18 yard box for 90 minutes, then extra time, then we'll batter them on penalties. And if they score beforehand, I want you to retreat even more because we're clearly attacking too much. Do your best not to run out of your defensive position, otherwise we'll lack the structure needed to take them to penalties. And don't shoot; I hate that - especially you Yves".

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

It worked well for Watford who kicked Zaha into oblivion in the league game. When it came to the FAC 1/4 Deeney insinuated in a press interview that it might happen again. Hey presto! The swivel-eyed gravity whore picks up an "injury in training" the day before the match and pulls out.

Mind you, with palace you only have to kick one player. Man City have plenty of players that would need kicking ;)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Wigan properly got at them last season and it pissed then right off- as displayed in the documentary they did. Could be a decent tactic to employ, especially considering they won't want to get injured for upcoming CL games and might be a bit hesitant about going into tackles.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Trouble is, I don’t dislike any of the City players enough to feel happy with any of our players kicking chunks out of them.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Can we have a whip-round and hire Uri Geller for the day?

(said in an incredibly dodgy accent)
The collective will of 35,000 seagulls fans joining together and all thinking at the same time 'Win Brighton WIN' is an incredibly powerful force...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In all seriousness, set the two defensive lines up in front of them and limit the openings available to the ball carrier, chuck in a bit of valiant last ditch defending and there is your chance.

Swansea and for a while Newport showed that this is possible. Not to mention they somehow contrived to lose P*l*c* at home FFS. All hope is not lot lost. We need to be as disciplined as we have ever been but we can do it. This is a team that has lost twice to Wigan in the FA Cup after all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here