Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Staying up or winning silverware?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure why (again) we have to have this forced choice. As it happens Brighton have lower odds to WIN the cup (16-1) than to go down. (20-1)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We cant even beat our relegation rivals now !!!!!

This year we've beaten Hudds (twice), Palace (twice), and Newcastle.
And have yet to play Cardiff at home, and Bournemouth (who we beat in the cup and are still not safe)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If only it were a simple choice then happen.

Most likely is we get done tomorrow and stay up.

Next likely is get done tomorrow and go down.

Then win tomorrow and stay up.

Finally win tomorrow and go down...….ain't gonna happen.

We are 20-1 to go down and 16-1 to win the cup. The chances of us going down (according to the bookmakers at least) are very very slim.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How do I feel Today?

Win silverware!

Tomorrow, I'll feel different - maybe.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Staying up its taken us years to get here and millions of TB to do it the FA Cup great that it would be to win over all it's far less important

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Staying up its taken us years to get here and millions of TB to do it the FA Cup great that it would be to win over all it's far less important

I fully understand those who say that it would be great to have our name on the cup forever, and indeed it would. But going down would be a tragedy -there is no guarantee that we will come up again soon at all, particularly if good players leave. If losing became more of a habit, then support will dwindle over time and TB will be expected to spend even more millions to keep us afloat.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Staying up wins hands down its taken us years to get here and hundreds of millions of TB money While a Prem club we will have much more opertunites to get to finals than starting from the Champoinship while the FA Cup great a is we are unlikely to win it this season but this has not stopped me money on it at 16/1 nor has it put me off going today and having a great time no matter the result

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here