Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Staying up or winning silverware?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's a difficult one. In the past I would always have favoured winning a trophy over staying up. Now though, I'm a bit more circumspect in that who really remembers Portsmouth winning the Cup 10 years ago, or Wigan winning in 2013? Look where those clubs are now. Given a choice between the two options, I would love for the club to win a trophy, but the fear of getting relegated hurts more than getting beaten in the FA Cup.

Still, I'm looking forward to tomorrow all the same. So excited.

Portsmouth and Wigan fans, thats who.

and you, clearly ;)

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
We’ve had our two best cup runs for three decades in the past two seasons. I’m for staying up, more time in the EPL means more chances to field a cup-winning side.

BUT winning the cup is obviously nice too!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'd probably say Cup & Relegation - although 46 games + FA Cup + League Cup PLUS Europa League would stretch the squad like never before!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
the two go hand in hand. To have a realistic chance of winning silverware you have to be playing at the highest standard week in week out, and that's the Premier League.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
100% staying up for me. No way I want this journey to end not even for a cup win, I have waited for too long.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I am forgetting the league totally tomorrow. This is the second time in our long history that we have reached the semi final of the best cup competion in the world. As I am in Turkey I have to watch on TV,but I have my Seagulls shirt,scarf,and hat at the ready. I have warned the neighbours about the shouting I will be doing. After tomorrow I will thenbe hoping we get the points we need.I also think we will stay up

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its a no brainer all genuine fans should want us to stay up the rest are chasing glory. If we can win tomorrow and then our next 2 home games that would be a great bonus but I would settle for wins on 13th and 16th April.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just before the beginning of the season I put a few $20 bets on, like winning the league etc.
One at 1500/1 was that Brighton would qualify for European football this season.
I will read the conditions to see if it is dictated by our league table position or if a cup win counts.
Not saying we will win, but wouldn’t it be nice.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Cup glory all day long.
I'll follow the Albion no matter what league, the cup is a rarity so it has to be this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here