Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Staying up or winning silverware?

Apr 2, 2019
Brighton
Would you rather beat Man City tomorrow, or beat them last game of the season? As a lifelong Albion fan, I would rather beat them last game of the seaon to potentially to stay in the PL. Thoughts? :bhasign:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
honestly i would take a FA Cup and relegation. name on the cup forever, relegation is temporary.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If only it were a simple choice then happen.

Most likely is we get done tomorrow and stay up.

Next likely is get done tomorrow and go down.

Then win tomorrow and stay up.

Finally win tomorrow and go down...….ain't gonna happen.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Would you rather beat Man City tomorrow, or beat them last game of the season? As a lifelong Albion fan, I would rather beat them last game of the seaon to potentially to stay in the PL. Thoughts? :bhasign:

We don't get silverware for beating City tomorrow. :ffsparr:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If guaranteed a cup win, I would take that over relegation. As already said above, a cup win is forever (although the Sussex Senior Cup doesn’t count). It would be great to have our name on at least one national knockout trophy.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

For the smaller clubs like us, winning a cup is realistically the only chance we will ever have of winning silverware.

Would I rather witness beating City tomorrow or Beat them on the last day of the season, tomorrow all day long.

Another season in the premier league, what joy, watching the worst football I can remember this club playing for many, many, many years. (51)

I don't give a rats arse about the Premier league to be honest, teams get relegated, teams get promoted, give me winning tomorrow and having a good chance of winning the FA Cup, any day of the week.

There are small whispers in the corridors from fans about how p1ssed off they are at the way we play, at least in the championship it was exciting and a more level playing field. So what if we get relegated.

We cant even beat our relegation rivals now !!!!!

Tomorrow is our cup final.

Imagine the Kudos if we beat City.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Win the Cup. We're going to get relegated at some time so if you're offering me the FA Cup in exchange for two or three more years in the PL I'll take it. We can get promoted again (at some stage) and get back to this level of existence. Win the Cup though and our name is on it for ever.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
It's a difficult one. In the past I would always have favoured winning a trophy over staying up. Now though, I'm a bit more circumspect in that who really remembers Portsmouth winning the Cup 10 years ago, or Wigan winning in 2013? Look where those clubs are now. Given a choice between the two options, I would love for the club to win a trophy, but the fear of getting relegated hurts more than getting beaten in the FA Cup.

Still, I'm looking forward to tomorrow all the same. So excited.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would settle for :

Win tomorrow + beat Cardiff + win final.

Anything else, a bonus.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Winning the Cup. All day long.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here