Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message to the younger fans - enjoy it to the max

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I agree wholeheartedly with the OP and all the comments following...

I’m away on the holiday of a lifetime for me and Mrs M. Gutted we cannot be at this game as they are so few and far between for a lil ole club like ours.
You can be rest assured that we will be in a bar somewhere in New Orleans watching and singing so loudly that you may even hear us!

Please enjoy the day whatever the score as you will never forget it that’s for certain.... UTA we can do this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Plus with 4 goals being scored in all 3 games I've watched Brighton play at Wembley, I'm looking forward to 4 more tomorrow!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I’m flying 6,500 miles round trip to enjoy the day whatever the outcome. These days are to be savored as they are few and far between. We did out sing United and I expect us to be very loud tomorrow. I want to go home on Sunday with no voice left.

Even if we’re getting tonked, let’s be the absolute loudest we can be. Show the country and the world how well we support our team.

1983 flag packed and will be waved tomorrow. Doors closing now, 7 hours to London.

See you all tomorrow - UTA

Safe flight. UTA

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
taking my 12 year old son, will try to make him aware of how aware and special this is. Good Luck everyone

I hope he has a great day!

Tomorrow will be my 7-year old son’s first ever game.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have been an Albion fan since I was like 6 or 7 in 97. I moved to the US the year we won promotion, I am so jealous of all of you that get to go but I'll be living the dream over here. Hell, I am living it every single day even though I can't be there in the flesh. My dad and my sister will be there roaring us on with you all, if we win and make it to the final I might just come over to be in the city because I am sure getting a ticket would be hard pressed. I came over for the promotion parade after all.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
taking my 12 year old son, will try to make him aware of how aware and special this is. Good Luck everyone

He'll definitely sense it. I remember going to my first FA Cup game at Leyton Orient in 1998 and being totally overwhelmed and blown away by the atmosphere. I think the context is similar in this case, going from Priestfield's couple of thousand in total to there being a similar number of just Brighton fans alongside the pitch, with the balloons and the constant singing. The atmosphere was incredible from start to finish, as it will be on saturday evening, and seeing the usual number of Brighton fans plonked in a stadium opposite the rival fans (outnumbering these boys!) makes you really want to give it the big'un. It's also a day your son isn't going to forget, and isn't going to forget having gone with his dad. Whatever happens in the game, I hope you both your day. :albion2:

el punal

I'll be dressed only in blue and white (even bought new undies and a blue watch strap), letting loose my 22 beach balls, luzzing my streamers and jumping about like a ****. It's going to be amazing seeing half of Wembley in blue and white. Would be nice to sneak a goal too.

I read that one too quickly - I thought you wrote blue jock strap! :eek:

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter
He'll definitely sense it. I remember going to my first FA Cup game at Leyton Orient in 1998 and being totally overwhelmed and blown away by the atmosphere. I think the context is similar in this case, going from Priestfield's couple of thousand in total to there being a similar number of just Brighton fans alongside the pitch, with the balloons and the constant singing. The atmosphere was incredible from start to finish, as it will be on saturday evening, and seeing the usual number of Brighton fans plonked in a stadium opposite the rival fans (outnumbering these boys!) makes you really want to give it the big'un. It's also a day your son isn't going to forget, and isn't going to forget having gone with his dad. Whatever happens in the game, I hope you both your day. :albion2:

Thanks Its going to be great regardless of the result

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Taking my ten year old, and I've told him he has to make the most of it now as it really may not happen again.

Crazy to think that if it was to be another 36 year wait, I'd be 69, he'd be 46, and I'd probably be a grandad - or possibly even a great-grandad! In fact I'm sure there's probably some on here in that sort of position :lolol:

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
My lads are coming up to 13 and 16 and they know tomorrow is all about a good day out.

100% this Tim. My "lad" is now 30, crazy about the Albion (25 years since his first game) and hasn't been able to concentrate fully on anything for days now he's so excited about tomorrow. I know exactly how he feels.

This is a rare occasion in our club's history and we should rightly embrace it with a passion. We all know the game itself is likely to be tough, but we're underdogs and it's the Cup, so anything can happen on the day.

Tomorrow is all about the occasion and a Seagulls' diaspora of 35,000 strong descending upon Wembley from all corners of the UK, and beyond. It will be an "I was there" day to remember, regardless of the result.

Safe journey to you all tomorrow from wherever you're travelling and enjoy the day. It's going to be awesome.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20190405-172600_Gallery.jpg

Cheers all, enjoy your day tomorrow :)

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I've told the kids that this is something that we have waited 36 years for, they understand the occasion.
They don't mind if we lose they are just so excited about the experience (me as well). Newly purchased hats, foam fa cups. Shirts and scarves that between us we've had for a long time will all be taken along. I keep pointing out that we have never lost a semi final in the fa cup though! :thumbsup:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The wife and I got married on the day of the last semi final much to the dismay of all relatives concerned,
Tomorrow we will both be going to the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here