Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Danny Rose spends £65k on a normal night out

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I can't believe there are people who would think differently. His mental health issues mean that he has to quit perhaps the one thing that makes him happy because he can't handle racist abuse. WTF are people on!!??
He is not happy as he can't wait to quit, so it is not the one thing that makes him happy...

Money has nothing to do with this, if he is truly unhappy and it is making him ill, he could make changes. As I said he can still fight racism etc. from different angles and I am not saying he should quit. I am saying you would think he would quit if it is making him ill. He can carry on if he wants, makes no difference to me, if he does or doesn't. May not be good for his health but that is up to him to decide.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Again, he should give up his profession because HE is being racially abused doing his job?

Still, I don't want you to feel INSULTED now.

thanks. Not quite the point I meant giving up his profession, due to dick head racist. Just sounded like he has got 6 years ahead which he is dreading and cant wait for the end of. I merely had a thought that a solution he might consider rather than doing something he didnt want to or wouldnt enjoy because of various issues would be to not endure that. Should he have to/want to? Course not
If a firm stand by playing and enduring shit for 6 years is prefererable, then fair play

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
On a separate point , what happens to the money raised from these fines?

Does it go to charity? or to the FA of the team on the receiving end of the abuse? or back into FIFA's coffers.

I'm assuming the latter, but hope to be proved wrong.

Gets given to the subject of the abuse for a night out.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I cannot believe folk took this comment literally.
It was clearly an off the cuff comment spoken out in frustration.
The point about what he decides to spend on a night out is relative to what he earns vs a ridiculously poor fine for racist offences.
I don’t have any problem with what he has said. It is a very valid point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I guess 'Danny Rose spends half of one weeks wages on a night out' isn't quite so eye catching

"Danny Rose spends more than twice what most people earn in a year on a night out" might do it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What if he bought a few £1 jaegerbombs then spunked the rest on strippers and hookers?

Then that would be money well spent. :hilton:

Anyway, cut the guy some slack. He earns a fortune, and he do what he likes with his money!

Imagine how a Chinese factory worker on £5 a day out in the sticks sees us spending £150 on a meal and a night out? Or an Indian rubbish sorter scratching 50p a day seeing us spend £10,000 on a car - or £2,000 on a holiday? It's all relative.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If true, Rose is buying roughly around 13,000 pints per night out.

Makes Best look like a pint of shandy

Ridiculous calculation

You forgot the chicken wings, Kebab and £10 lost in an argument of who can name the most footballers who's name sounds like a animal.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Is racism in football really the massive problem it's being made out to be? Lead story on SSN / all over the papers, the usual suspects wheeled out to air their views. It's as if every football ground is full of baying racist mobs screaming constant abuse at BAME players, when in reality it is nothing like this (at least in my experience). Yes I acknowledge there have been some incidents this season (the guy shouting abuse at Raheem Sterling at Chelsea / the banana at the Emirates) beyond that I'm struggling to think of any others. It's a tiny percentage of spectators / incidents at matches and yet it's made out to be so much more. Football grounds have never in the history of the game been such pleasant environments to watch a match and yet they are portrayed as being hotbeds of racism. In 8 years of attending virtually every match at the Amex I haven't heard anything remotely racist.

As for Danny Rose if he hates it that much why doesn't he rip up his contract and go and get a job as a youth worker for Haringey council and really try and do something to help combat racism. Can't see that happening anytime soon as it won't fund lavish nights out in London.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Please don't assume most people will take a clearly flippant comment (to make a point) as a more important issue than racism in football.

He clearly hasn't sat down before an interview and studied the values of what each individual offender is being charged and then worked out it is the same as his average night out. He is making a point that the values being charged for such serious offences are no......oh forget it.

Oh dear, not really the point I was making either. Which is...if a footballer references their wage structure, cars, disposal income, spending etc, regardless of the flippancy or context, that often becomes the story regardless of what else they might be saying. Lescott, Cole, and Rose himself in 2017 are the immediate examples that come to mind, but there are many more.

Through this interview he’s managed to highlight racism in football and how overpaid footballers are - quite frankly I’m only interested in his views on the former.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whooosh as the OP misses the point.

I wonder if a white player said this would such a big thing be made of it? Or is this another ‘flashy black footballer’ thing ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Unless Danny pays for 50 or so people every time he goes out I would harbour a guess he would struggle to spend that much. Even for one of the biggest nights in Vegas / Miami you're looking at $20k for a table with 20ks worth of booze !!

Club nights are smaller in London. Never seen a table minimum over £7k and that would be top top end.

Average night out for a premier league footballer in London with meal and hotel might be £5k at the very very top end

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here