Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Train advice

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yeah - I know. But I am struggling to work out what to do for the best. I am staying up tomorrow so going from Polegate as I usually would isn't an option. Thought about Three Bridges but the car park is closed. Uckfield is a possibility but takes forever and they want £45. Thought maybe Oxted but again, not ideal.

Any suggestions for the best place to go from that I can leave my car until Sunday? Already paid for top ticket and hotel so a combination of price and speed would be good. Travelling from Hailsham BTW.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh yeah, normal on Saturday, closed on Sunday
Dawned on me after I booked the hotel. Thought I was dodging the post match crush but now have limited options getting home.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can park at Three Bridges if you go past the pub, under the rail bridge and turn left at next traffic lights there is always parking at weekends in that road, no restrictions either.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tonbridge isn't too bad a drive from Polgate, and Sevenoaks isn't much further up the road from Tonbridge either.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks all - I'll check prices and times

N17

Jun 21, 2011
You can park easily in Buxted at the weekend for £2.35 per day (ticket office only open in the mornings).
Two seperate day returns are £25-30.
Takes 75mins to London Bridge.
Jubillee Line direct to Wembley from there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the obvious answer of Battle already given, though not clear why not Polegate. if parking, may be issue at Battle too.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Yeah - I know. But I am struggling to work out what to do for the best. I am staying up tomorrow so going from Polegate as I usually would isn't an option. Thought about Three Bridges but the car park is closed. Uckfield is a possibility but takes forever and they want £45. Thought maybe Oxted but again, not ideal.

Any suggestions for the best place to go from that I can leave my car until Sunday? Already paid for top ticket and hotel so a combination of price and speed would be good. Travelling from Hailsham BTW.

Why not park on St John's Road, Polegate?

Only 2 streets up from the station, plenty of spaces & perfectly safe.

EDIT: Ah, just seen line is closed on Sunday :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here