Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Michael Robinson update

TLO started a thread last year after Michael Robinson announced he had been diagnosed with cancer https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?368976-Michael-Robinson&highlight=Robinson

Watching the 1983 semi final highlights yesterday prompted me to check up on how he is. After hanging up his boots Michael was heavily involved with Cádiz C.F. and although he is no longer there the club are still in direct contact with him so I asked my friend who is a director there for an update.

He told me that the last time he saw Michael he was feeling strong and in good spirits for the fight.

Those of us who were lucky enough to see him play for the Albion will remember Michael as someone who never gave up. Let's hope he can win this latest fight.

Will be thinking about you tomorrow at Wembley Michael (even though you also played for City!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
TLO started a thread last year after Michael Robinson announced he had been diagnosed with cancer https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?368976-Michael-Robinson&highlight=Robinson

Watching the 1983 semi final highlights yesterday prompted me to check up on how he is. After hanging up his boots Michael was heavily involved with Cádiz C.F. and although he is no longer there the club are still in direct contact with him so I asked my friend who is a director there for an update.

He told me that the last time he saw Michael he was feeling strong and in good spirits for the fight.

Those of us who were lucky enough to see him play for the Albion will remember Michael as someone who never gave up. Let's hope he can win this latest fight.

Will be thinking about you tomorrow at Wembley Michael (even though you also played for City!)

Good to hear, I imagine he’ll be watching the game too :thumbsup:

I wonder who he’ll be rooting for.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Fantastic player, one of my favourites.
Remember a ball going towards the opps goal line everyone had given it up as a goal kick then suddenly there was one man running full speed for the ball, the defenders looked on in amusement at the lost cause then MR lept and stopped the ball on the line with the side on his boot. Then mad panic from the defenders starting to get back to their positions. Never give up MR.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good to hear, I imagine he’ll be watching the game too :thumbsup:

I wonder who he’ll be rooting for.

Us.
City treated him badly courtesy of Malcolm Alison.

He is exactly what we need, leadership, fighting spirit, great finisher.

Good luck to him in his current battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I did post on the original thread and I wish Michael all the best in his battle. I'm not sure what cancer he has as it wasn't clear in the article. In the last year I have been having a little fight with head/brain cancer. I had my left eye removed in July and had six weeks of radiotherapy. Unfortunately it came back on my brain a few months later. Had a 22mm tumour removed a month or so ago. I've been having Cyber Knife radiotherapy treatment this week at The Royal Marsden hospital. Last one today. I'm sixty two and the treatment I've received has been brilliant. The big heart that Michael has will help. UTA.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I did post on the original thread and I wish Michael all the best in his battle. I'm not sure what cancer he has as it wasn't clear in the article. In the last year I have been having a little fight with head/brain cancer. I had my left eye removed in July and had six weeks of radiotherapy. Unfortunately it came back on my brain a few months later. Had a 22mm tumour removed a month or so ago. I've been having Cyber Knife radiotherapy treatment this week at The Royal Marsden hospital. Last one today. I'm sixty two and the treatment I've received has been brilliant. The big heart that Michael has will help. UTA.

We've never met or spoke but I'm wishing you all the best mate. You're a unique voice (!) on here so keep posting and keep your pecker up. x

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

Very best wishes & keep up the fight!!!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

Crikey SS, I had no idea, couldn't have had either obviously as, like the previous poster, have never knowingly met you. Notwithstanding that however, the very best in your recovery, we need your acerbic take on things on here.:)

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

Best of luck with your treatment today

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I've never knowingly met you (although, from what you're previously posted, I've an idea that we were in the same year at Fairlight) but I can only wish you all the best. It sounds like you've got a big fight on your hands there: keep battling fella, hope you win.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

So good to read such positivity re what you're going through - doubtless some, myself included, would crumble. Perhaps being a long suffering Albion fan helps in such horrible times? All the best with your treatment and recovery :)

Keep the faith.

Jul 7, 2003

Wow - where to start. Obviously first of all, sorry to hear this and best of luck with the recovery. A friend of mine's young daughter is being treated as the Royal Marsden and they also say the staff there are amazing.

Didn't have you down as an old codger though. Given your continual winding up of BG I wrongly assumed you were a couple of decades younger at least for some reason. I now have visions of a fight between two old blokes - one with one eye and the other with a sometimes one-eyed view of the world!

Keep on fighting old chap!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wishing you the very best.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
All the best. I sorry that life has dealt you this one - try to keep positive. I hope it works out well - UTA

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Good luck Simmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Bleedin' hell, that's horrific. All the very best.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Michael Robinson was interviewed on BT Sport last night.

He talked very positively about his time at the Albion and said that he had never felt as much joy in football as when he scored in the Semi Final against Sheffield Wednesday. "The best I have ever felt on a football pitch."

Lovely bloke.

And good luck [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

All the best, SS.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bleedin' hell, that's horrific. All the very best.

it is isn't it.....Simmo is my HT chat mate (the only one) as well as my text friend and was my go to plumber (duties taken over by able son)....I have no idea how he has managed to get through the last year ..he has enormous mental strength let alone the physical side....what he hasn't mentioned is that during this period his father has been seriously ill (and still is) ..I have the utmost respect for Simmo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here