Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 20th February 1983 Revisited?

el punal

For those of you unaware of the date and significance it was when humble, unfancied, little old Brighton and Hove Albion visited Anfield and thrashed mighty Liverpool 2-1 in the 5th round of the F.A. Cup. The same Liverpool who were arguably the best team in Europe, top of Division 1, and hadn’t been beaten at home in the Cup since the days of rationing. In other words, we didn’t stand an earthly. Well we did it.

Is there now a possibility of a bit of repeat business, this time against Man City, the Premier League Champions, arguably the best team in Europe (allegedly!), the money bags club of the world? Again, we don’t stand an earthly, but . . . . you never know. :drink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's the spirit! (you sad deluded *******). :O:banana::clap::rock::bigwave:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I was there - on the Kop actually, as it was the only place not full. I think the use of the word "thrashed" is a bit OTT. Foster was magnificent though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
For those of you unaware of the date and significance it was when humble, unfancied, little old Brighton and Hove Albion visited Anfield and thrashed mighty Liverpool 2-1 in the 5th round of the F.A. Cup. The same Liverpool who were arguably the best team in Europe, top of Division 1, and hadn’t been beaten at home in the Cup since the days of rationing. In other words, we didn’t stand an earthly. Well we did it.

Is there now a possibility of a bit of repeat business, this time against Man City, the Premier League Champions, arguably the best team in Europe (allegedly!), the money bags club of the world? Again, we don’t stand an earthly, but . . . . you never know. :drink:

I was there, won’t be this time sadly.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was there for both the league the season before and the cup.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here