Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from the last 2 games

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmmmm one quality goal was from a wind assisted punt up field that was defended appallingly (quality finish)
The other AK cutting in from the right and putting the ball in the top corner has been the bane of our Premier League campaigns and now he's finally done it once that's all we're going to get from him for ever more.
Sadly AK can only do that once or twice a career.

Come on Stat, leave that to the miserabalists on here. :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Before Chelsea's first goal I thought we played quite well. We actually counter-attacked with purpose, and Andone was the main reason for that. He needs to start regularly as he makes such a difference.

I agree that Andone gives us more pace but its extravagant to say we played quite well. We didn't create anything and Chelsea always looked comfortable. Once Knockaert decided that Hudson-Odoi could have a clear run into the box, it was game over. Too many players fail to show the quality of touch needed in the final third. The biggest culprit is AJ, who looks like an over-eager schoolboy rather than a cool professional. Jury out for me.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I think we tend to do worse after a break in games, our momentum is always a big factor and we are a little slow off the mark on games we should be doing better in. Put in the effort and we can get a fair string of results.

This season was always going to be difficult, but if you put in perspective our position compared to Huddersfield’s, the club has still done it ‘the right way’ imo. Just sometimes you need that extra bit of luck and grit every now and then. We’ll smash city on Saturday and we’ll play like we’re world beaters.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough. We'll be bottom 6 'til we drop then.

Quite likely but it's bringing millions of pounds into the club instead of coming out of Tony's pocket, and we can gradually build with that profit. That's life in the Prem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We won't ever have to sit through this shiteshow

[tweet]1113419659636875265[/tweet]

:lolol: :dunce: :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hmmmm one quality goal was from a wind assisted punt up field that was defended appallingly (quality finish)
The other AK cutting in from the right and putting the ball in the top corner has been the bane of our Premier League campaigns and now he's finally done it once that's all we're going to get from him for ever more.
Sadly AK can only do that once or twice a career.

That is because he is not consistently good enough at this level and too many conveniently forget the numerous key mistakes he commits. He cannot defend at all ( see last night ) and keeps overplaying and losing the ball. Not just a few times but over and over again. He will not learn to adapt his game. We need more consistent, solid players at this level.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Lots of debate here but the fact is Chelsea have world class players whose movement and speed of thought are miles quicker than ours. Players are faster, more athletic, and have already decided on a pass before the ball has even arrived at their feet. They know the other players around them and the spaces they will occupy instantly. There’s no shame losing to a side of this nature and I believe it’s understandable to set up with caution and try to negate this fact by staying compact and making yourselves harder to beat by getting as many men behind the ball as possible.
Having said this, we seem to want to play this way against far too many sides in this division and this is where the problem lies. We have to be able to open up and attack teams of similar quality to us, more so at home.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
That is because he is not consistently good enough at this level and too many conveniently forget the numerous key mistakes he commits. He cannot defend at all ( see last night ) and keeps overplaying and losing the ball. Not just a few times but over and over again. He will not learn to adapt his game. We need more consistent, solid players at this level.

tenor.gif

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough. We'll be bottom 6 'til we drop then.

Staying in the bottom six (the top part of it) is progress in this league - you have to progress to stand still. Whatever we spend in the summer window, the likes of Man City, Chelsea and co. will probably spend on one player.
Of the three clubs that came up in 2017, Newcastle (just two points ahead of us) and us have progressed this season; Huddersfield didn't.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Staying in the bottom six (the top part of it) is progress in this league - you have to progress to stand still. Whatever we spend in the summer window, the likes of Man City, Chelsea and co. will probably spend on one player.
Of the three clubs that came up in 2017, Newcastle (just two points ahead of us) and us have progressed this season; Huddersfield didn't.

Maybe correct, and I'm ambivalent but sometimes, just sometimes, days such as Barnsley away with Baldrick's stunner seem a distant memory, and regular excitement in play style a blur.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Muzza didn’t start, so the NSC boot-boys couldn’t blame their usual scapegoat for yet another defeat. The youth and mobility of Andone made no difference to a toothless Albion attack ... due to non existent midfield support and creativity.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Between the two awful games, Wardy's Mum and Dad phoned me to wish me a happy birthday. Wardy didn't though, the scoundrel.

I felt loved so a big positive.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Between the two awful games, Wardy's Mum and Dad phoned me to wish me a happy birthday. Wardy didn't though, the scoundrel.

I felt loved so a big positive.

What a wanker, he’s gone all big time Charlie hasn’t he? Never talks about us these days...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Before Chelsea's first goal I thought we played quite well. We actually counter-attacked with purpose, and Andone was the main reason for that. He needs to start regularly as he makes such a difference.

This - the gameplan was working until the first goal. We were much better first half against Chelsea than we were all game against Southampton. Much more organised, less wasteful in possession, better first touches and movement etc.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm on holiday in Thailand so didn't see either of them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here