Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anyone want to go down to The Championship?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't want to go down but I have not enjoyed the season. I have found the football pretty rubbish, I've now stopped going away as I've spent too much money for very little reward/entertainment and I don't feel as contacted to the team as I have in the past. I am hopeful that Dan Ashworth will bring in some younger British talent and next season will be better

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I just can’t c us winning another game the way we play at the moment that’s the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a funny old game, we get stuffed by a free flowing Chelsea away, but maybe get a result against a Newcastle at home (who have a worse away record than us).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not really no. I do miss many of those things, particularly the tight knit c1000-1500 we had on the road, always familiar faces.

Even still, I'd prefer us being in the top league, indefinitely.

So assume the chances of actually doing anything and the bigger chance of every season being in a relegation/ lower table dogfight, you would prefer that? For the rest of your football supporting life? Watching some of the dross we have had to watch this season?

Blimey

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Please b true but just can’t c it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though we were hammered by the better side last night, we were in it until mistake for the goal and two incredible strikes. We have a stinking record at the Bridge as well. I didn't feel the players gave up and they all love playing for CH. It must be frustrating for them when they are good in their own rights but have to defend so deep. We have come up against some fantastic goal keepers this season and you feel if we keep our heads up we will get the rub of the green soon.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Hmmm. Will you? I know it was great fun last time: little Brighton mixing it with the big boys like Leeds, Forest, Villa, Wednesday, Derby etc - but that's because it was all shiny and new. This time we'll be treading a well-trodden path, and with hightened sense of expectation. We will expect to win every game (yes we will), as after all we used to be a Prem team, and when we inevitably don't the mood will turn ugly - which despite the fact we're deep in the relegation shit it hasn't done yet. I don't think 'enjoy' is going to be quite the right word.

An interesting and probably mostly accurate perspective.

You could argue we’d lose lots [c2-3k] glory hunting hangers on so the noise of dissatisfaction might fade after the initial purge when we’re not ten pints clear after ten games.

This would be welcome so we can get back to having debate around constructive criticism rather than just a whole shitheap of “we’re too negative, it’s shit etc”.

There would be more games coming thick and fast rather than some of the dragfests between ‘gameweeks’ - whatever they are?!

Season ticket prices would go down :jester

We should score more goals and be generally more expansive.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Of course I don't want to see us relegated.
Nor, I would hope, does any fan.

I just don't see it as the disaster so many others do.

Championship football is excellent and our set up should see us competing for promotion more often than not.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Think about it people! It doesn't make sense! What is the point being in the championship trying to get promoted again? Or do people just want us to be a mid table championship side? It's madness!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's a no from me.
Surely no football fan would want their team to be relegated.

And I enjoy watching football at the weekend not every other Friday f***** night.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Of course I don't want to see us relegated.
Nor, I would hope, does any fan.

I just don't see it as the disaster so many others do.

Championship football is excellent and our set up should see us competing for promotion more often than not.

So why do we want to compete for promotion, if we don’t actually want the ultimate prize of playing in the top flight?

Or should we play The Derby Way, look like we are going to get promoted every season, then **** it up just in the nick of time... keeps the fans entertained and saves them the embarrassment of beating their own Premier League points tally.

Is that our future?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope but I’ll get over it as soon as the new season starts, there is at least one person at the club who will not be anywhere as near relaxed about it though :smile:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Problem is we are playing to a formula, devised by CH and tried before at Norwich and Newcastle. It’s dreadfully boring to watch and I can feel my attention wandering during play. We may survive but not sure if I care as much as I would have thought

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd rather stay up than go down . . . . I'd rather watch entertaining football and see us attempt to score occasionally. A bit of a dilemma really.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
:Why should any fan actually want us to be relegated?
What a load of bollocks. Having spent zillions on a new stadium, training facilities, players etc. and then to say, oh I don't like this, let's get relegated!
Blimey , defeatist rubbish. Let us find a away to establish ourselves as a Prem. team.
Without aspiration, businesses and footy teams will surely wither on the vine.
Get a grip; hopefully we will survive this season and have a better season next time.Whether or not this is with CH long term or not remains to be seen.

P.S. I have enjoyed watching lower league football( have had to, following the Albion!), and still maintain an interest by following the fortunes of my favourite other teams such as 'Stanley', Brechin City, Hamilton Accies, Stockport County. It does bring one down to earth after the madness of the Premier League and all the nonsense that goes with it.
Adopt a modest club, they need your support.:smile::)

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Ask Boro who have just lost 5 games in a row and in a right mess. Again. Ask Sunderland fans how they enjoyed last season. Ask those on here old enough to remember er, 2014/15. Ask Birmingham, Bolton , Wigan fans.
Yep. Getting promoted or in/around top 6 is great - we had 4 fantastic seasons out of 6 in the recen) but if you think that’s a given and Tony Bloom is a given and our set up is a given (especially with a different manager and potential loss of key people/players) without a few more years of prem league ££ then I fear you might be disappointed.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Please b true but just can’t c it

d manager Chris, e gives an f.

g.., Mr h will keep us up, i think, with the help of ali j and others.

k?

(there’ll be l to pay on here if he doesn’t.)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So why do we want to compete for promotion, if we don’t actually want the ultimate prize of playing in the top flight?

Or should we play The Derby Way, look like we are going to get promoted every season, then **** it up just in the nick of time... keeps the fans entertained and saves them the embarrassment of beating their own Premier League points tally.

Is that our future?

Assume you are deliberately misunderstanding..
I take issue with those that think that failing to stay up would be the end of the club as we know it and a disaster of epic proportions.
as a football fan, every season, regardless of division, I want to get promotion/avoid relegation.

If we were relegated to the Championship then the cycle would begin again of cheering the team on hoping for promotion.
and so it goes on.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have loved it, the players we have signed, the AMEX alive every game and loads of new young fans getting to enjoy what I had when I was younger.

Chris has kept us out of the bottom three for all but all of two seasons, and against the quality and expensive squads of our opponents. while we establish ourselves, it is a fantastic achievement.
Well said. I hope we never get blase about Premier League matches at The Amex - I'm massively looking forward to each of the next 4 and, no, I don't want us to go down to the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here