Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the love of god please go for it Saturday.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Quite, going for it against city only leads to being destroyed.

Indeed. It would be a better thread if it was asking Why we hadn't gone for it against Southampton. That's what did my fruit in. Not piling forward against one of the quickest counter attacking teams in world football.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Indeed. It would be a better thread if it was asking Why we hadn't gone for it against Southampton. That's what did my fruit in. Not piling forward against one of the quickest counter attacking teams in world football.

I agree, there is no need to sit back against Southampton.

Better teams than Brighton have tried the high press/attack tactic against city and been gumped.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we play defensively, we will be soundly beaten. If we attack, we will get smashed.

More importantly, has anyone phoned Wembley Stadium to find out if we'll be allowed to go home at half time?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Applies to the fans as well. Yes we're probably going to lose, but let's give it a real go and keep supporting the team even if the score mounts.

And no one leave early! :)

Won't be able to leave early, as taking the Coach up!

Anyway I think the game plan will be to try and suffocate the game completely so that it ends up on penalties, if it does that increases our odds of going through.

Let's face it, it's not going to be pretty watching unless your a Man City fan.

In the cold light of day I am questioning why I've paid out £300 to go to the game when it's on BBC1 where I could have switched it off when we're 3-0 down with 10 min to go.

But then I remember this is only the second FA Cup Semi Final EVER that little old Brighton have been in, and I wouldn't wish to be anywhere else apart of singing MY FU*KIN GUTS OUT for the LADS! C'MON LETS DO THIS!!!!!

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Seeing as we will in all probability lose by a few clear goals & will be lucky to get on the score sheet then going all out gun ho will end in a 'cricket score' and our name being tarnished and embarrassed.

Get a reality check guys , we are not as good as you think , we are not anywhere near as good as City and only a huge slice of good fortune & the performance of their lives from our players would get us even close.

OK thats a bit harsh but think back to the City game earlier this season , we despite not having too much going forward held them comfortably for most of the game and only our pushing too many forward twice got ourselves caught forward and they broke quickly and scored. The point being if we try to push them back they will pick us off and wipe the floor with us because of their pace and our defensive lack of it.

I dont see CH changing tactic and although it frustrates and infuriates most of us it is the right tactic against top 6 teams especially when we ourselves are well below our own levels as we have been since the new year & the cup is no different.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If we play defensively, we will be soundly beaten. If we attack, we will get smashed.

More importantly, has anyone phoned Wembley Stadium to find out if we'll be allowed to go home at half time?

Whilst I appreciate this was for comedic effect, I've left a soporific England game at half time as my eldest son moaned constantly about the experience and wanted to go and play War Robots on his tablet in the Holiday Inn instead. Rest assured we will be let out if we are 4-0 down at half time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was really excited to have a ticket for Saturday, thinking it may be a big waste of money.

I'm really excited about Saturday, about 5% of that has to do with the actual match. I recommend having a similar viewpoint, if possible. It's gonna be a great day out whatever happens.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Rumour is Hughton will get them to stand like this on the goal line for 120mins and take it to penalties

c1f951857cd4fea4e9e9240f0bcfeb4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Won't be able to leave early, as taking the Coach up!

Anyway I think the game plan will be to try and suffocate the game completely so that it ends up on penalties, if it does that increases our odds of going through.

Let's face it, it's not going to be pretty watching unless your a Man City fan.

In the cold light of day I am questioning why I've paid out £300 to go to the game when it's on BBC1 where I could have switched it off when we're 3-0 down with 10 min to go.

But then I remember this is only the second FA Cup Semi Final EVER that little old Brighton have been in, and I wouldn't wish to be anywhere else apart of singing MY FU*KIN GUTS OUT for the LADS! C'MON LETS DO THIS!!!!!

Absolutely my feelings as well. I've waited 36 years for this!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm really excited about Saturday, about 5% of that has to do with the actual match. I recommend having a similar viewpoint, if possible. It's gonna be a great day out whatever happens.

Exactly this, I will already have had a great day by 5.30pm. Day up in London with my daughter, meet some pals, bit of lunch, beer or two, photos with flags in Trafalgar Square and at Wembley...not even a rampant City can f**k that day up. And then the faintest, slight chance of a mental upset...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Might as well get beat 10-0 as 2-0 in a cup game, so why not?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Surely we’re better than just sitting there waiting to get beat ! Is there any stock in just waiting for the inevitable on Saturday when it’s a game that we can actually try and score away from home , absolutely not, ffs let players express themselves going forward please Mr Hughton it simply doesn’t matter if we lose 6-0 having a good bloody go and give the supporters something to get vocally behind , because frankly this defend until the other team score stuff away from home stinks - doesn’t work - and is taking the piss out of fans that follow the team away , it’s a one off and for us to just turn up and amble around for 90 minutes gagging for a shirt swap at the end doesn’t sit comfortably with me at all , we have one shot at this , let’s not read at the end of it we had one shot on goal ! Pick holes all you like it will not alter how I feel about my rant ! I just want us to be more than sitting ducks ! .

Two hopes...........and Bob's long dead. It ain't gonna happen.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
This will sound like heresy, but I will be relieved when we're out of the cup. I think it has been too much of a distraction.
Last season, Southampton got to the semi finals, but also escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth, with Swansea going instead, right at the death.

I'd take relegation if we won the FA Cup (although I'd rather win it and stay up I guess :)) :thumbsup: I know this is not the view of many, including Tony Bloom, but the race for 17th is not the most thrilling thing ever,if that is the right description.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rumour is Hughton will get them to stand like this on the goal line for 120mins and take it to penalties

c1f951857cd4fea4e9e9240f0bcfeb4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We beat them on penalties once before, when we were worse than we are now. As someone once said, It's a funny old game.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

I know and I will enjoy it. Was just a bit down in the dumps last night.

I just want the team to do themselves justice on Saturday.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There’s little embarrassment factor in getting trounced by City. I don’t think anyone would bat an eyelid if we got beat 5-0. Nor should they given the ridiculous disparity in resources.

But if we GO FOR IT, 5 could become 7 or 8.

We need to do what we do, do it well and hope they have an absolute stinker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here