Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the love of god please go for it Saturday.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Surely we’re better than just sitting there waiting to get beat ! Is there any stock in just waiting for the inevitable on Saturday when it’s a game that we can actually try and score away from home , absolutely not, ffs let players express themselves going forward please Mr Hughton it simply doesn’t matter if we lose 6-0 having a good bloody go and give the supporters something to get vocally behind , because frankly this defend until the other team score stuff away from home stinks - doesn’t work - and is taking the piss out of fans that follow the team away , it’s a one off and for us to just turn up and amble around for 90 minutes gagging for a shirt swap at the end doesn’t sit comfortably with me at all , we have one shot at this , let’s not read at the end of it we had one shot on goal ! Pick holes all you like it will not alter how I feel about my rant ! I just want us to be more than sitting ducks ! .

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Surely we’re better than just sitting there waiting to get beat ! Is there any stock in just waiting for the inevitable on Saturday when it’s a game that we can actually try and score away from home , absolutely not, ffs let players express themselves going forward please Mr Hughton it simply doesn’t matter if we lose 6-0 having a good bloody go and give the supporters something to get vocally behind , because frankly this defend until the other team score stuff away from home stinks - doesn’t work - and is taking the piss out of fans that follow the team away , it’s a one off and for us to just turn up and amble around for 90 minutes gagging for a shirt swap at the end doesn’t sit comfortably with me at all , we have one shot at this , let’s not read at the end of it we had one shot on goal ! Pick holes all you like it will not alter how I feel about my rant ! I just want us to be more than sitting ducks ! .

We did that at home on Saturday.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Miracles can happen I guess

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We are going to die on our arses as usual, for the oldsters it will be like the days of the Harlem Globetrotters when they would come over and play one of our basketball teams.... funnily enough I think it used to be Crystal Palace that were paid to be the fall guys and make the Trotters look good, Saturday we will be chasing shadows.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Will be nothing worse than defending for 90 minutes and getting beat 3-0. Would rather us give it a go and get beat 5-0.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We are going to die on our arses as usual, for the oldsters it will be like the days of the Harlem Globetrotters when they would come over and play one of our basketball teams.... funnily enough I think it used to be Crystal Palace that were paid to be the fall guys and make the Trotters look good, Saturday we will be chasing shadows.

What block are you sitting in veg ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No ideas, no tactics, rabbits in headlights and the crème de la crème, 3-0 down, replace Andone with Murray, going for it, replace Ali J with Bernardo... really going for it. What happened to the Championship manager that brought us so much joy and kept us relatively safe in the Prem last season? Is he now proven to be way out of his depth or not? Please don't anyone suggest this is done because of Saturday, when once again we go through no ideas, no tactics, headlights, etc., etc. I would actually prefer we at least put up a fight and lose 3-0 than see that dross we once again witnessed. I was quite embarrassed by the whole procession.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What block are you sitting in veg ?

Working as usual on Saturday, Should get home just in time for kick off with luck. You will have to roar on the lads on my behalf as usual , thats worked pretty well so far this season.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s going to be a right embarrassment and I hope players, staff etc are reading these comments and dig deep to prove us all wrong because there’s scant evidence we will be at this rate. We’re destined to stink out Wembley in front of the nation on primetime TV. Come on lads, pull your socks up and put some pride back into your performances.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Would be nice to see us go for it , another damp squib Alamo mentality set up is just what City will be expecting .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Working as usual on Saturday, Should get home just in time for kick off with luck. You will have to roar on the lads on my behalf as usual , thats worked pretty well so far this season.

I’m hoping City declare at some stage.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Much as I love, admire and respect the guy - if we start Murray we've automatically waved the white flag and lubed up our own arses.

Play a team who are at least going to be pacey, attacking and threatening.

I'm with everyone who doesn't give a shit if we get stuffed - as long as we've had a bloody good go at them.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Just read on the Argus website that Hughton thinks our chances of winning against City are very slim. Whilst that may be factually accurate our manager should not be writing off his players before we even get on the pitch. Surely that must rub off.

Flame me all you like but if we want to progress he has to go in the summer. I can cope with losing and realistically we should lose against these big teams but we lose without a whimper and its pathetic.

Was really excited to have a ticket for Saturday, thinking it may be a big waste of money.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's written in the stars for us to win the cup. We've had such a flukey journey to the semi, it's pretty much in our hands. We'll beat City no problem. It'll be 2008 all over again and yet the gulf in standard is probably even bigger now. This is our year.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Was really excited to have a ticket for Saturday, thinking it may be a big waste of money.

No. It's not a waste of money. We get to see Wembley, we get to see the beautiful (yeah, I'm biased) Albion blue and white stripes on the hallowed turf, and we have a bloody good day out. If we get anything from the game, I'll be going home in a daze - but win or lose, I'll have been there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here