Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Centre Midfield is the problem

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
In my opinion they are all borderline, the league table doesn't lie, and if we are lucky to survive this season, next season will be just as hard.

People go on about just enjoy the ride, to be honest what I have been watching this season has been dross, with the exception of a couple of games.

All we can hope for is a vast improvement in recruitment this summer and the existing players improving.

p.s Hughton gets the best out of what he has available..

The thing is, there are players who get relegated that then move to better sides and it becomes clear that they are actually very comfortable at a higher level. Andy Robertson at Liverpool is a perfect example.

I'd argue that, of the players discussed, Bernardo, Dunk, Propper, Andone and Gross are all able to step up within the right team and the right system and I'd imagine they'd all do it with relative ease.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The thing is, there are players who get relegated that then move to better sides and it becomes clear that they are actually very comfortable at a higher level. Andy Robertson at Liverpool is a perfect example.

I'd argue that, of the players discussed, Bernardo, Dunk, Propper, Andone and Gross are all able to step up within the right team and the right system and I'd imagine they'd all do it with relative ease.

Agree with that list provided I could add Bissouma to it. And if I can, it actually illustrates that, contrary to this thread's title, CM is not the key problem, as three out of an identified six are CMs. I'd suggest up front and out wide are our biggest problems. The wingers really haven't done enough this year, and we're thin up top.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Agree with that list provided I could add Bissouma to it. And if I can, it actually illustrates that, contrary to this thread's title, CM is not the key problem, as three out of an identified six are CMs. I'd suggest up front and out wide are our biggest problems. The wingers really haven't done enough this year, and we're thin up top.

Bissouma absolutely has the potential to be. In a more progressive side I imagine he'd be a revelation.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You may or may not be right, but don’t we need to keep the WBA/Derby/Millwall matches out of this? We only want to look at how our CM is doing in PL matches ... not very well.

Why, Propper and Stephens played in those games as well so the comparison is still valid.

He also played in the 3 back to back wins against Newcastle (goal) , Wolves (assist) and West ham....

We don't play well because we don't compete , can't hold the ball and rarely deliver a 'killer' ball. Kayal can't do 2 out of the 3 better than the others but it does 'compete' a lot better and that should help better skilled players to do the other two. he also stops the opposition playing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
it actually illustrates that, contrary to this thread's title, CM is not the key problem, as three out of an identified six are CMs. I'd suggest up front and out wide are our biggest problems. The wingers really haven't done enough this year, and we're thin up top.

I would agree with that and the biggest loss has been Gross but the cover and alternate supply to the front hasn't been good enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here