Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Yes I know it’s chelsea away, yes I know it’s Man City next and yes I know he’s been brilliant for our club, but he should stand down in the summer and let the club with Ashworh etc try and bring the club forward. I genuinely think we will go down next year if not.

If what I’m suggesting is wrong, tell me why it’s wrong?

He’ll always be a legend

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Tell me why we shouldn’t replace him?

As I understand it, his main objective this season is to survive in the Premier League. He's currently on course to do that.

Who would you replace him with?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If I knew for sure that Hughton was responsible for the signing of AJ then I would join the ‘out’ club.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Behold, the traditional ‘we’ve lost a game, Hughton out’ thread.

Yep. I don't like this approach, but I'm not calling for him to go.

Who’d you replace him with ?

Ridiculous counter argument. How many people were suggesting getting Hughton in while calling for Hyypia to go? It was mostly Sherwood or Clements, wasn't it? Not knowing who you bring in instead shouldn't be a reason to not fire someone. In this instance, it being ridiculous to fire Hughton is reason to not fire him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Ridiculous counter argument. How many people were suggesting getting Hughton in while calling for Hyypia to go? It was mostly Sherwood or Clements, wasn't it? Not knowing who you bring in instead shouldn't be a reason to not fire someone. In this instance, it being ridiculous to fire Hughton is reason to not fire him.

It’s not a counter argument.....it’s a question. I am just interested in who the OP would like instead.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes I know it’s chelsea away, yes I know it’s Man City next and yes I know he’s been brilliant for our club, but he should stand down in the summer and let the club with Ashworh etc try and bring the club forward. I genuinely think we will go down next year if not.

He’ll always be a legend
It's wrong because at the moment, we don't look like being relegated, we played very well in the first half of the season showing what can be done, and finally you don't turn into a shit manager overnight.

We need some new blood, and to ship out some of the average players - not being a dickhead of a football player isn't enough on it's own.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

He’ll always be a legend

You're bang on with your predictor score at the moment!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Obviously the original post is ott but we are particularly lame when we play Chelsea

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Disagree. If you are suggesting that you get rid of a manager, you must have a plan, or at least an idea of someone who could come in and do a better job. Countless times clubs haven't had that and ended up with three/four permanent managers for the season.

Anyway, you've kinda proved the point of asking the question by saying people were suggesting Sherwood or Clements. At least they had a NAME. So many people, when asked, don't.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's wrong because at the moment, we don't look like being relegated, we played very well in the first half of the season showing what can be done, and finally you don't turn into a shit manager overnight.

We need some new blood, and to ship out some of the average players - not being a dickhead of a football player isn't enough on it's own.

Maybe we need a 'More Dickheads' policy :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Levels have been to low.

Who manages those levels.

Hughton.

He's lost his way, undoubtedly. What a refreshing change it would make to see fans rally behind someone who has done everything possible for this club to date. Sure, we are gash at the moment, but I doubt we'll go down, and if recharge and recruit properly I think loyalty to CH would pay off.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It is the most logical counter argument. If there is noone better to replace him with then why ask for him to stand down?

I think we should stick with him. This season has been about bringing in more squad depth. Hopefully this summer will see us improve the first team. I am happy that the current leadership team oversee this and how that it happens and bears fruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Look I’m a fan just like you all, but who had heard of Ralph Hasenhüttl for example? They ARE out there and I’m not for a second criticising Chris but we are big time now and I’d assume Tony wants to stay there. I love Chris for all he has done but I just don’t think he’s got it in him to push us on. That’s all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here