Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs 'homecoming'

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Anyone else finding this ceremony about Spurs finally 'coming home' to their new Toilet Seat Stadium a bit... well... F***ING RIDICULOUS!!!!?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I hope they go on the RAMPAGE tonight and smash 7 past Palace.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
It's a shame after all this time waiting for it to finally open that they'll have to disinfect it after only one game.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
when we went to Falmer, big deal for us having kipped on acquaintance's sofa then found a studio flat for a decade. Tottenham moved into a luxury hotel while having the house renovated for a year and a bit.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thomas Crapper must be proud of his latest toilet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So bias the game wasn’t even on Tv?

A month prior it wasn't even certain it would be taking place there, so not surprising Sky didn't commit. Plus they'd already taken the Man City v Cardiff game.

Nobody else would've been remotely interested in the "opening ceremony" shennanigans anyway, and it was hardly an inspiring fixture. Save the first televised one for a proper game, like the one on Tuesday.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Nowhere near the levels of hysteria and coverage than when West Ham said goodbye to the Boleyn!!

I think any club that had just built a stadium like that is entitled to make a bit of a fuss about the opening!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Think it is a fantastic stadium.

All a bit of brighton fans doing small willy waiving here me thinks.

Yes we have a nice ground, but come on..that is a different league to ours.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Palace were absolutely abysmal.

Can't disagree!

Suprised how small the concourse is below the stand, I suppose space is money, Absolutely packed in there. The fast pint pouring machines broke down at the bar in my section, they were only selling bottles. Mince beef pie was decent. Did an 'AMEX' and left 5 minutes from the end, 10 minutes walk to Northumberland park back in a pub at liverpool street within half an hour.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here