Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only positive I can see at the moment is that we are still fighting

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Left early.

I’m not surprised we lost. I was sort of expecting it.

But. We were spineless.

No fight. No aggression. No sense of wanting to do anything other than defend. The attitude was just all wrong.

Is this team mentally up for the fight required to stay in this league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Massive gulf in class. Makes watching it very painful and dull.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Absolutely be furious with the performances then. I sure as hell was. But there is a massive difference between playing Fulham and playing Chelsea, and it seems some people don't seem to grasp that.

Is this the same Chelsea side that should have lost to Cardiff? The same Chelsea who lost 6-0 to the side we play on Saturday? The same Chelsea side who struggled against Fulham?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Absolutely be furious with the performances then. I sure as hell was. But there is a massive difference between playing Fulham and playing Chelsea, and it seems some people don't seem to grasp that.

There is but then again you expect some effort irrespective of the opposition.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
look at the Palace stats 1% more possession 0 shots on goal,, not too different to us except we had a shot on goal and Cardiff are loosing... oh and chelsea 4 shots on target Spurs 8 lets just the season over and then we can think about what needs changing. First half we were flying not sure what changed , maybe injuries

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
To whoever said have we played well other than palace...

Beating Man United
Narrowly losing at Liverpool
Drawing with Arsenal
Win away at Bournemouth in the cup

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Left early.

I’m not surprised we lost. I was sort of expecting it.

But. We were spineless.

No fight. No aggression. No sense of wanting to do anything other than defend. The attitude was just all wrong.

Is this team mentally up for the fight required to stay in this league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respect to you and all the others who keep travelling. Sorry that the team didn’t turn up with you.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I think most people are grasping that fact though. We are really, really spineless and have been most of the season. Yes we're playing Chelsea, but the way we have been beaten tonight is very frustrating.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The mood of this thread.

graph.jpg

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’m getting worried about injuries now. Gross, Locadia, March, Izzy clearly not fit we are going to run out of options quickly with a couple more knocks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The manager, the players and the fans expected us to lose this and we showed no inclination to try and win it so a Chelsea team on the back of some poor performances were playing a team that was beaten before a ball was kicked. Some stoic first half defending but with CH’s ingrained defensive tactics we were beaten as soon as they scored. Chelsea played themselves back into form against a team who offered absolutely nothing apart from organised defence.

To think I was stupid enough to think we were doing OK at halftime :rolleyes:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It's so easy in hindsight to say we should set up to take more risk, but the truth is no-one outside of the top four has successfully bridged the gulf in class by doing that. Even then it's only Man City who are consistent. Spineless? Our boys are not spineless. Gulf in class between us and the top 6? Is that really new news? The gulf in the PL is growing bigger.

Not sure what can be done on Saturday given Man City gave their starting team a rest tonight, but the upside is they did us a favour tonight.

Hopefully better results against Bournemouth and Newcastle will settle the nerves and settle us in a finish in the same place as we did last season...which if asked in August we would have absolutely taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here