Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'm starting to think where is the next goal coming from let alone victory!

goes like that sometimes....staying up was never going to be decided today against Chelsea......Key has to be showing grit and determination against Bmuff...then Cardiff....those are the key games... cant look to not lose..need to look to get on front foot and win.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Strangely, we ‘took it’ to ManU twice, Arsenal once and won vital games.

It’s within Brighton somewhere.

Agree, I'd be despondent if there were no signs of ability. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been more difficult in the circumstances...Gross out, Locadia who knows, Adone industrious without being prolific, Murray admirable but old, Bruno a legend in retirement, March with promise and potential...yet not quite and so on. Frankly we are doing alright considering.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Still flying under the radar.

Screenshot_2019-04-03 (5) Twitter.png

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Back in my hotel room after tonight’s game.

It really was men against boys. Chelsea barely had to break sweat to beat us tonight.

Once March went off we were just rubbish.

What was the point of bringing Bernardo on as a winger with Izquierdo on the bench? If he’s not fit why is he on the bench?

We are going to get stuffed on Saturday.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If he sets the team up like this at Wembley with no points to worry about he can **** off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be unforgivable.

We have nothing to lose, so it has to be different.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’m as frustrated as most on here at the level of performances we’ve seen lately, but those suggesting CH should go need to be careful what you wish for. People talk about his Norwich experience but look what happened to them when their fans got what they wished for ! We’ve got several players who are not really cutting it this season but CH has very limited options and the quality of players we bring in during the summer needs to dramatically improve on what we have - we need quality over quantity.

One change I feel could be needed is the no.2 - I think CH could benefit from having someone with a lot more experience and personality alongside him that would complement him. An example I would give is Mike Phelan at Man Utd. Solskjaer appears to be a similar personality to Hughton but Phelan has a mean, maybe even nasty streak in him and is very well respected for the role he played under Ferguson and now Solskjaer. I think Hughton could really benefit from a much stronger no.2 than Trollope - someone with good Premier league experience and knowledge. Just an opinion anyway !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still at least we can now look forward to the usual tweets:-

Disappointed with the result, fans were brilliant, on to the next game at Wembley (smilie face)

I'll miss them, if they ever go.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As have we, but they are exceptions and not a sustainable approach to the entire PL season.

But the point is that this was a chance to a) grab a point or b) instill some belief and we managed neither.

We have not really taken it to any teams - the last time I remember us doing this was in the first half at Fulham. Since then?

We’ll survive, but by the skin of our teeth. Next season, every now and then I want to see a team that looks like it is setting out to win, rather than a team that is setting out not to lose in the hope that it might nick some goals.

Second half against Southampton? More of that please - and from the off!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wasn't expecting a victory tonight, but was really hoping for a performance that would send us all off to Wembley with a spring in our step.

Now just feel like a convicted man on his way to the gallows :(

Still, I'm sure I'll feel better on Saturday morning.*

*Not really

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I’m as frustrated as most on here at the level of performances we’ve seen lately, but those suggesting CH should go need to be careful what you wish for. People talk about his Norwich experience but look what happened to them when their fans got what they wished for ! We’ve got several players who are not really cutting it this season but CH has very limited options and the quality of players we bring in during the summer needs to dramatically improve on what we have - we need quality over quantity.

One change I feel could be needed is the no.2 - I think CH could benefit from having someone with a lot more experience and personality alongside him that would complement him. An example I would give is Mike Phelan at Man Utd. Solskjaer appears to be a similar personality to Hughton but Phelan has a mean, maybe even nasty streak in him and is very well respected for the role he played under Ferguson and now Solskjaer. I think Hughton could really benefit from a much stronger no.2 than Trollope - someone with good Premier league experience and knowledge. Just an opinion anyway !

attachment.php

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
goes like that sometimes....staying up was never going to be decided today against Chelsea......Key has to be showing grit and determination against Bmuff...then Cardiff....those are the key games... cant look to not lose..need to look to get on front foot and win.

We were all saying that about the southampton game though...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hazzard was just too good for us without really breaking sweat

They were 3 really superb goals, Chelsea really do save them up for us.

But no corners and shots till the last 10 minutes is simply not good enough I’m afraid

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still at least we can now look forward to the usual tweets:-

Disappointed with the result, fans were brilliant, on to the next game at Wembley (smilie face)

I'll miss them, if they ever go.

Really pleased with the players commitment and endeavour tonight. Sometimes you just need to take your hat off to quality finishes by a high class opposition. The group remain confident going into the challenges ahead.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But the point is that this was a chance to a) grab a point or b) instill some belief and we managed neither.

We have not really taken it to any teams - the last time I remember us doing this was in the first half at Fulham. Since then?

We’ll survive, but by the skin of our teeth. Next season, every now and then I want to see a team that looks like it is setting out to win, rather than a team that is setting out not to lose in the hope that it might nick some goals.

Second half against Southampton? More of that please - and from the off!

Saturdays team talk..... " keep it tight, keep a good shape, press forward if you get the ball in a good position and if you have cover that can tuck in behind you " " other than that, stay tight, cover each other and wait for them to run out of ideas and die of boredom and nick it on penalties. "

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really pleased with the players commitment and endeavour tonight. Sometimes you just need to take your hat off to quality finishes by a high class opposition. The group remain confident going into the challenges ahead.

Are you talking about the team that were losing to Cardiff for most of the match until they got a couple of dodgy decisions or Brighton ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] and I were parodying CH’s post match soundbites when we lose.

Sorry, I should’ve put it in speech marks.

Ah ! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here